"[Name]-chan! How have you been?"

As [Name] was led into the all too familiar room that belonged to Mikoto Uchiha, she coudln't help but grimace at the older woman's greeting. Today, however, instead of a traditional kimono, Mikoto was dressed in a dark grey dress suit which perfectly accentuated her slight curves. [Name]'s lips turned upwards in a small frown as she and Sasuke sat across from Mikoto. There was no tray, no tea. Just empty space as the two sat face to face to the matriarch.

After realising Mikoto was waiting for a reply, [Name] quickly muttered "I could have been better," making the woman laugh.

"Three weeks of hell with Sasuke, and you're not dead!" she laughed lightly, covering her mouth with her hand as she did so. [Name] grimaced even more, and set her gaze on the floor under her.

"Remove your shirt," said the elder Uchiha, making [Name] jump in surprise.

"Wh-what?" Beside her, Sasuke let out a smirk, crossing his arms.

"You heard her," he said dully, looking at [Name] out of the corner of his eye. [Name] faced Mikoto in incredulity.

"But-" She cut off her sentence as Mikoto raised an eyebrow at her and gave her a "You heard me" look. [Name] gulped, and shot a wary look at Sasuke before slowly removing the baggy black shirt that she had been wearing. Overall, the clothes that Sasuke had given her were actually decent. How he even knew her size, [Name] had to wonder.

"Turn around, please," said Mikoto lightly as [Name] kept the shirt bunched up around her abdomen. Doing as she was instructed, [Name] turned her back on the woman, who let out a small gasp.

"Sasuke!" she scolded lightly, eyes trailing up and down [Name]'s bare back. "[Name], the bra."

Shutting her eyes in disdain, [Name] muttered under her breath as she reached out and fumbled with the clasp of her bra.

"Here." In one, swift movement, Sasuke had unclipped the black bra for [Name], who scowled bitterly as it slipped from her bust.

"Gee, thanks," she said sarcastically, baring her back for Mikoto to see. All there was to be seen was scar after scar after scar. Three weeks of lashes built up upon each other, half of them not even properly healed yet. There were blobs of red and blue scattered everywhere, clots of blood built up from the incessant torture. Mikoto frowned.

"Anywhere else?" she chirped. [Name] nodded, and Mikoto smiled a little.

"I like you," she said truthfully, making both [Name] and Sasuke raise their eyebrows in question. "You can put your shirt back on now."

"Thanks, I guess?" said [Name] as she faced away from the mother and son to slip her bra and shirt back on. Mikoto now turned to Sasuke, glaring.

"Idiot Sasuke," she scowled, crossing her arms and giving him a death stare. "That's no way to treat your future wife!"

"WHAT?!"

"NO FUCKING WAY IN HELL!"

[Name] and Sasuke had both leapt to their feet, anguished and confused. Surprisingly, the latter had been yelled by a furious looking [Name], who was glaring down at Mikoto. She merely offered them a small smile.

"Sit, sit," she said airily, patting the tatami. Both refused, and stood their ground against Mikoto.

"I am not marrying this asshole!" yelled [Name], pointing an accusing finger at the raven, who scowled.

"Hey! I'm on your side this time!" he snapped hotly, glaring at the girl. She ignored him and turned to Mikoto, enraged.

"With all due respect, Mikoto-san, but your son isn't exactly in my good books," said [Name] through gritted teeth, clenching her fists. Mikoto let out a light laugh.

"But don't you see, [Name]?" she said happily. "You're the type of girl Sasuke needs! You said so yourself, he's an asshole!"

"MOTHER!"

[Name] scowled and crossed her arms, not impressed.

"That may be so, Mikoto-san, but Sasuke is not the type of man I need, let alone want," she said, turning up her nose in disgust. Said boy spluttered in exasperation.

"Why you little-"

Mikoto silenced them both with a raise of her hand. Both sweatdropped.

"My son is a cruel, cold-hearted man," began Mikoto. Sasuke and [Name] exchanged looks. "An asshole, just like you said. Quite frankly, if I had a shred of dignity left to my name, I would be utterly ashamed of how he's turned out."

[Name] smirked as she saw the look on Sasuke's face.

"[Name], unlike the other women of Sasuke's past, you actually have morals. Morals, loyalty, inner strength, and a voice to speak for yourself. With you around, Sasuke still has a chance of becoming a decent man," said Mikoto lightly.

"Mother, I-"

"Shut up, Sasuke," snapped the woman, instantly making her son wither. She gave [Name] a sweet, threatening smile.

"Aren't you still indebted to my son, [Name]-chan?" she said bittersweetly, making [Name] gulp.

"Uh-uh, maybe...?"

"She's replacing Sakura," scowled Sasuke, glaring at his mother. Now Mikoto looked back at [Name].

"[Name], think about it," she cooed. "You can either be Sasuke's little whore for as long as he desires, and then get thrown out as soon as he tires of you. Or, you can have a decent, long lasting relationship with him, keep your rights, and gain the protection of our family wherever you go, whenever."

[Name] grimaced.

"Sorry, but neither appeal to me," she said sourly. "The only part of my contract was to pay back the three months he and Sakura had. Apart from that, I refuse any extra conditions."

Mikoto smiled serenely at [Name].

"Would you still say that if your family were to, ah, come across some hardships and suffer the consequences?" she said lightly. [Name] narrowed her eyes at the Uchiha.

"You wouldn't dare!" she spat, glowering. Mikoto smiled again.

"Like I said, [Name], you're a loyal girl of morals. So, that being said, can we give the go ahead for your engagement party, or shall I have to make a few calls regarding your family?"

"You..."

Mikoto beamed at [Name], knowing that she'd won. [Name] clenched her fist, refraining herself from punching both of them in their pretty faces.

"Is that a deal, [Name]?"

Fuck you and your family fuck the entire Uchiha family fuck this yakuza shit fuck you all

"Leave my family out of this," said [Name] finally said. Mikoto raised an eyebrow.

"Is that a deal, [Name]-chan?"

"Whatever, fine," snapped [Name], glaring at Mikoto.

"Woah, woah, woah, wait just a s-"

"Shut up Sasuke! I'm your mother!" snapped Mikoto, glaring at her son. He turned away and scowled, crossing his arms. Mikoto clapped, and beamed.

"Yay! You two go out and do whatever couples do, I have an engagement party to plan!"

As [Name] and Sasuke exited the room with sour looks on their faces, [Name] muttered "I fucking hate your family" under her breath.

Sasuke scowled.

"Welcome to my world," he said darkly, pushing past her. "Hurry the fuck up. We have to go get your scars checked out."