Me: Hey, I think you have the wrong number.

Ruby: Fuck really?

Me: I'm teasing. It's me, Devon. ;)

Ruby: Alright bet. ;) What are you up to tonight are you from around here?

Me: Probably staying in bed watching tv, and yeah I am. Why are you in town?

Ruby: Had a show last night, me and cuz don't have a show for a couple days so we decided to spend like two days here and do some dumb shit. Let me take you out. 

I was surprised. Take me out as in date or? Him out of all people texting me and then asking to take me out? 

Me: I'm down. What do you have in mind? 

Ruby: Text me your addy, it's a surprise. 

I took a deep breath and send him my address. He said he would be on his way soon. I quickly got out of my bed and went into the bathroom. I brushed out my silver hair and washed my face. I only applied toner, blush and mascara. I didn't want to look like I was trying hard at all. I motioned towards my closet and opened it, revealing a shit load of clothes I barely wear. I pulled out a mesh crop top and a red plain dress over it with fishnets and small platform boots. Never, ever in my life do I dress up, it's only occasionally or rarely. I just didn't want to look like shit in front of Ruby. 

After getting all ready quickly my phone goes off again and I'm notified he's on his way and he will be at my place in 25 minutes. I sighed deeply. Was this a dream? Why is this happened to me? 

As soon as I knew it he texted me he was here. I took a deep breath and hurried downstairs. I grabbed my black denim jacket off of the hangers by the front door and threw it over my shoulders. I walked out and locked the door behind me, walking to his started car. My heart was pounding so hard I could feel it almost burst out of my chest. He got out and smiled, opened the passenger door for me. A gentleman? 

I got into his car and buckled up, putting my purse next to my feet. He got back into the car, the car reaked of cigarettes and weed. But I didn't really mind. He smiled small at me. "You ready?"

"Yeah.. where exactly are we going?" I smile back.

"I told you it's a surprise silly." He chuckled and started playing some music as he backed out of my driveway.

I rolled my eyes jokingly. "Are you kidnapping me?"

"I might be.." He shrugged and chuckled softly.

A half hour passed as he drove into downtown. The city lights were brighter than ever and the traffic was kind of bad. The more time flew by, the more eager I was to where he was taking me. Soon, his car pulled up to an abandoned building. Spay painting over every inch of the building. It must've been shut down for over a couple decades now. 

"Is this where you're going to kill me?" I teased. 

He looked over at me and grinned. "Stop asking so many damn questions, let's get out and maybe you'll find out." He winks. He got out of the car and went around to open the door for me. I got out, the air was a little chilly. I bit my lip as he took my hand and lead my inside the building. Street lights shined into the broken windows as we walked in, there was six levels to the building. Every other corner we passed there was something new. Either a homeless guy sleeping in a corner, or there would be used condoms on the floor, etc. We finally got up to the final level, and what lead up to it was broken stairs. 

"Are you sure this is safe?" I looked up at him and glanced at the stairs. Knowing me I would fall right through. 

"I'm one hundred percent sure, I'll help you though." He smiled small but kindly and placed his hand on the small of my back and held my free hand as we made it up to the top. I was surprised how sweet he was. 

"How do you know about this place?" I ask, as I looked around looking around at all the graffiti art. 

"Last year when I was on tour, a friend showed me this place." He chuckled. 

"Oh well good to know." My arms were crossed as the cool breeze hit my face. I could see the city from a good view, hearing the fainted sirens in the background. He stood besides me and pulled out a fat joint. 

"You smoke?" He asked.

"Hell yeah I do." I giggled.

"Bet." He placed in between his lips and light it carefully, holding up one of his hands to cover the flame. He inhaled and blew on the lit part. I was mesmerized by his every move. He took a couple of hits and passed it to me. I inhaled it, the burning smoking goes down my throat. I exhaled thinking damn. I hit it a few times but I already felt it hitting me hard. I felt my eyelids getting a little heavier and I could feel my eyes get red. I passed it back to him but I felt his gaze on me. 

"Something wrong?" I coughed a little as he took the joint back between his lips. 

He puffed on it and shook is head inhaling it sharply, wrapping his arm around my shoulder "Nah, you're just cute."