Chapter Eight

Mulai dari awal

Opening her eyes again, she blew out the candle. Everyone clapped, her smile beaming more. She took the knife and sliced the cake as everyone began to sing the birthday song. Hatori took the camera from Shigure and got him to go to her whilst he took the pictures. After she cut a slice and plated it, he took a spoonful and fed it to her.

"Happy birthday, Amai," he said softly.
She smiled as her eyes became teary. "Thank you."
He became worried upon seeing the tears and held her face. "Hey, what's wrong?"
She shook her head. "Nothing's wrong. I'm just so happy. I've never had a proper birthday. So, thank you, Shigure."
He smiled as he wiped the tears that rolled down her cheeks. "There's no need to thank me. I wanted to do this for you. I love you."
Her smile became brighter. "I love you, too."

They learned in and kissed each other softly. Yuki and Kyo instantly began complaining, Ayame laughed and Hatori took a picture because he thought it was rather sweet.

Once slices of the cake were handed out, Shigure properly introduced Amai to his best friends. She felt as though she was meeting celebrities because Shigure had told her all about their time together in highschool.

"I must say, Amai, that Shigure truly made an amazing choice!" Ayame stated quite dramatically. "Only someone such as you could take my precious Shigure away from me!"

He suddenly locked his fingers with Shigure's as they pressed their cheeks together. Even Shigure was grinning as if he was a lovestruck fool.

"Oh, Ayame!"
"Oh, Shigure!"
Amai tilted her head in confusion. "Huh?"
Hatori closed his eyes and sighed in annoyance. "They will never change."
Yuki shook his head. "I can't believe I'm related to them."
"So, Amai," Hatori spoke. "Shigure told us that you want to be a teacher."
She nodded. "Mhm, it's always been my dream job. Hopefully I'll get my results soon and I can start my teaching course after the summer."
"That's great."
Kyo, becoming bored or the conversation, pushed one of the gifts towards her. "Open your presents now."
Amai giggled. "Okay."
"Oh, Lucky Kyo!" Ayame sang.
Kyo growled angrily. "Stop calling me that!"
Ayame chuckled in amusement. "Never, Lucky Kyo. But one thing I've noticed is that Yuki and Kyo haven't fought once since we've arrived. Has someone cast a spell on them?"
"Actually," Shigure spoke. "Amai sorted them out. If they fight, then she and I will kiss. So, to save themselves, they don't fight."
Amai nodded. "But it seems that not only do they not fight, but they get on really well in general."
"And bonus points because my house no longer gets destroyed."
Ayame gasped dramatically as be clasped his hands together. "My little brother's all grown up!"
Yuki sighed under his breath. "Ugh, you're so embarrassing..."

To save Yuki from further embarrassment, Amai began opening her presents. Even Hatori and Ayame bought presents for her. Hatori had gifted her a calligraphy set, which she absolutely loved. Ayame had given her a dress that he had designed himself. She paused the gift opening to try it on. It was a perfect fit and Shigure loved it so much that he had to take a picture.

 It was a perfect fit and Shigure loved it so much that he had to take a picture