"Shigure..."
"Amai, are you okay? I just got a call from you."
She breathed out. "I'm fine. Akito was just here."
"What..?"
"I just met Akito outside the library. Can I ask you something? Is Akito a boy or a girl because I can't remember if you told me and I couldn't tell..."
"A girl. Amai, are you sure you're okay?" he asked, sounding extremely worried.
"Yes, I'm okay."
"I'm coming to pick you up."
"Shigure, I'll be okay."
"I know you will be but I want to pick you up. Consider it a birthday treat."
She laughed softly. "You know, by the time you get here, I could walk home."
"Well, I'm already in the car," he said with humour in his voice.
She could hear the car door close. "Okay, fine. I'll wait for you."
"Good girl. Love you."
"Love you, too."

She hung up and smiled as she put her phone away. She was worried about Akito but she was relaxed after speaking to Shigure. Minutes later, he parked in front of the library and she got into the car. They both leaned in for a quick kiss of greeting.

"Hi," she smiled cheerfully before putting on her seatbelt.
"Hi," he repeated in the same tone. He began to drive. "What did Akito say to you?"
"Nothing much. Just that she was glad to finally meet me and that she hoped to meet again soon. She wanted to give me a lift but I politely refused."
He breathed out softly and nodded once. "Good."
She looked over at him. "She seemed intimidating at first but she was pretty friendly. Why should I be so worried?"
"I'll tell you another time. Right now, let's focus on your birthday!"

He reached over and placed his hand on her thigh before squeezing it. It was one of her more ticklish spots and so she laughed and slapped his hand away. He chuckled, placing his hand back on the wheel again.

"What else do you want to do for your big one-eight?" he asked.
She smiled. "I don't know. I've never had a birthday party before but a cake would be nice."
"Well, you know what? I'm gonna make sure you have the best cake you've ever had."
"Aw, Shigure, you're too sweet. Just spending the day with you and the boys is all I need."
"Consider it done."

He parked up outside their house and they both got out. Amai took her shoes off and Shigure entered behind her. He followed behind as she made her way to the dining room as she always did whenever she returned home.

As she slid the door open, there was a loud pop and the sound of a horn. Three people jumped out of their hiding spots and yelled "SURPRISE!" as confetti fell all around her. She jumped in shock but her entire face lit up excitedly as she made sense of what was going on. She saw Yuki, Kyo and another person she has never seen with long, silver hair all wearing party hats. On the table were boxes of gifts all wrapped up and their were helium balloons floating across the ceiling. Then, the kitchen door opened and another man she had never seen before walked in carrying a large chocolate cake with a number 18 candle on top.

"Oh, wow! You guys!" She beamed brightly as she turned to Shigure, who had a big smile on his face. "Shigure, you're so sneaky. I had no idea."
He laughed. "Do you like it?"
"I really do."
"Well, the boys helped. Ayame did the decorations,” he said as he gestured to the man with silver hair before turning to the other man, "and Hatori wrapped the gifts."
Amai recognised the names. "Oh! The Three Musketeers! It's so nice to finally meet you both."
Hatori nodded. "Likewise."
Ayame clapped his hands together. "Come on now. Make a wish and cut the cake. We'll make the proper introductions later."
"Yeah, come on!" Kyo called her over excitedly. "The candle's gonna melt."

Amai smiled excitedly as she knelt down in front of the cake. Shigure grabbed a camera and took a picture of her.

"Don't forget to make a wish," Ayame said.

She closed her eyes and made her wish. 'I wish that the Sohma curse gets broken and that Shigure is always happy.'