"You deserve the world, Beena. Always remember that you do not ever have to settle for less."

Zoya and Dina's words float in my head.

I quickly shake my head to clear up my thoughts. Shit, this is someone Amara has a crush on.

Besides, Peter is my target right now. He'd be able to handle my noncommittal ways because he's just the same.

"You look beautiful tonight." Munir says, as he shyly looks down at the floor.

"Oh, how so?" I ask him, taking a step closer.

"Hm... like graceful, elegant, delightful, stunning... should I keep going with the synonyms?" He smiles with a boyish look on his face.

My heart does that slight thump again.

This is not good.

No man has ever described me with such sophisticated words. I've always gotten comments like 'sexy', 'hot', 'seductive', but never once had any of them said I look elegant or graceful.

"There you are Beena! I've been looking for you!" Dina looks relaxed the second she finds me.

I guess she was worried about where I had disappeared to.

Dina looks at Munir and greets him. "Hi, there! I'm Dina. One of Amara's friends. Thank you for taking care of our troublesome Beena while I wasn't here." She laughs.

"It's no problem. I actually enjoyed her company myself. I lost my friends in the crowd too. Have you seen Peter, by any chance?" He asks.

Dina's expression slightly changes to panic but she quickly hides it. A normal person wouldn't have noticed but I did.

I follow her eyes and my eyes land on an unusual scene.

Amara being pulled away by Peter somewhere.

What... what are those two up to?

• • •

Amara's POV

"At least tell me where we're going." I complain.

"You'll see!" Peter says.

I sigh. I asked him to let go of my hand a couple of times but he pretends he can't hear me.

If anyone sees this, they will 110% make sure to tell the whole school I'm Peter's next target.

"Close your eyes." He says.

"No." I shake my head.

"Please?" He pleads.

"What if you're try to kill me?" I say.

"Don't worry, I plan to keep you for a while." He smirks.

"Dude! That's creepy!" I yell.

"I promise you I won't hurt you." His voice softens, making my heart skip a beat.

I reluctantly agree. He hovers his hands over my eyes to block my view, making sure to not touch me.

Then, I feel him lead me outside of the house because of the grass I can feel under my feet and we walk up a few steps of stairs.

He totally wants to throw me off a cliff or something, I think to myself.

He guides me to—what it feels like is—a bench.

He lets go and tells me to open my eyes.

I gasp at the sight before me.

We're behind Daamir's house. Apparently, his home is actually located on top of a cliff, which I never noticed when I first arrived.

The view of the city from his backyard is absolutely breathtaking. It's like the night was being hailed by the angels, the lights stole your breath away in the most magical way possible.

Each one of the lights are sparkling like stars below, making everything look so enchanting and beautiful, filling you up with comforting warmth.

If I lived here, I'd make sure to spend some time in the backyard, watch the sunrise and come back to see the sunset and come back once again after dark to see the lights of the city glimmering so beautifully.

"What do you think?" Peter asks, breaking me away from my thoughts.

"It's most definitely magical." I tell him truthfully. "Thank you."

"Does this count as our first date?" He smirks.

"No because I wasn't offered anything to eat at any point." I joke around.

He scrambles through his pocket and pulls out a neatly packed mini Oreo cookies.

"Does this count?" He grins.

Right as I was about to take it, I stop myself.

"You can't keep flirting with me, of all people, Peter." I sigh.

He raises a brow. "It's harmless fun."

It's harmless fun.

Huh. Is that what he thinks?

I'll be hurting myself and Beena in the process.

"You're seeing one of my best friends, this is not harmless fun. This is... wrong." I say as I stand up to prepare to go back inside.

"Wait... Amara Mahmoud... Do you like me?" Even though I'm not facing Peter, I can hear the smirk in his tone.

"Amara? Peter?"

Oh my God. Beena.

- - -

A/N: So sorry I disappeared off of the phase of the Earth! I actually had a writer's block & I couldn't think any further + lost inspiration. PLUS, it's wedding season & I've been extremely busy (not my wedding lol). I'm also trying to juggle my job with all the events happening. I'm having a whole ass mental breakdown! 😪

Anyways, I think I'm back for a little bit. I might disappear just bc I'm so busy so please try to be patient if you're enjoying this story! I'll try my best!

Next Update: Thursday, July 4 @ 11 AM (EST/Toronto Time), Insh'Allah!

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!