But he couldn't be mistaken because this yatou was a maidservant of a certain someone from the capital.

Did that person kick her maid out?

The maidservant, Xin Tao was quite confused why a veiled tall and slender lady was standing in the middle of the corridor but it was none of her business.

Xia Lian Bei had a bad feeling about this.

If that person was here... Was she was also targeted?

But what was it to him? They currently had nothing to do with each other. He even doubted if that person knew him.

Xia Lian Bei quietly slipped into his room. Earlier, he already sensed a group of people coming here but they were disguised to be strangers to each other. And he passed it off as some group of mercenaries who didn't want trouble.

But if it weren't the case, then that girl...

Why am I even worrying? She probably had guards surrounding her. Knowing her father, that man wouldn't let his daughter be slighted.

But what's with all the disguise?

Xia Lian Bei was unaware that he was getting more anxious by the second.

'Fine, fine... this great one will only check for a second. She is shifu's daughter after all. That guy will kill this great one if something happens to his daughter.'

He was smug because the Yin clan's hidden guards wouldn't even notice him even if they wanted to. He was taught by their master after all.

It didn't take long for him to locate Yin Hua Lei's room. He half expected that his assumptions were wrong and that Yin Hua Lei was still living her usual life in the capital. But reality proved otherwise.

Especially, when he had to kill a shadow creeping towards this room. It was evident that the person didn't have good intentions. Luckily, the other side was only one. Xia Lian Bei observed first before using an underhanded method to silence him forever.

He garnered that the shadow was from the jianghu. He'd have to thoroughly investigate this inn after checking up on Yin Hua Lei.

After seeing her asleep on her bed, he was about to go on his way and continue his mission of slaying the ones who attempted to poison him but instead accidentally killed his newfound pets.

But the person on the bed stirred so he froze on his tracks.

Yin Hua Lei's eyes were glazed over like she was yet to really wake up and she was still dreaming.

Seeing this, Xia Lian Bei was about to sneak off. He didn't want to add 'pervert' on his list of negative labels even if he half looked like a woman right now.

But he forgot that the person on the bed was his shifu's daughter who more or less had the same level of martial arts as him. Even though she was half asleep, her sixth sense was still open.

"Nin-ninth brother... don't go. Don't leave Hua Lei!" Her voice was feeble and shaky as though it took all of her energy to say those words.

Xia Lian Bei knew something was wrong the moment she spoke. Even if she just woke up, Yin Hua Lei shouldn't be this weak.

And she even mistook him for his ninth nephew! This imperial daughter was simply asking for a beating.

He ignored her and was having a mental dialogue on how to call her maidservants without being caught.

"Please..." she was sobbing now.

Xia Lian Bei's eyes grew wide. When did the proud imperial daughter Gao Le show weakness? And it was all for his two-faced ninth nephew? This woman had bad taste like all the other women in the capital.