Episode 20

Episode 20:

"Girl, may dalaw?"

I stared at Cheddy annoyingly and rolled my eyes. "Wala."

"Mas masungit ka ngayon," Puna niya na hindi ko na lang binigyang pansin. "Selos ka, 'no?"

"What the fuck?" Matalim ko siyang tinitigan. Anong nakain ng kaibigan kong ito at naitanong iyon? In what sense will I be fucking jealous? How and why? Everyone around me were nothing but stupid for hamburger's sake! "Put up a good joke, don't you?"

"Totoo naman, eh." She pouted her lips. "Masama na ang mood mo simula kanina. Why?"

Hindi ako sumagot. I couldn't even tell her the whole reason why! How was I supposed to say that─that stupid suicidal Rosendale just confessed her twisted feelings to me in front of my freaking family? Fuck. And what, my parents were actually fine with that scenario! It's like I'm being given away like a freebie! Masyado naman yata silang kampante sa babaeng iyon. They didn't even ask me whether I was straight or not—because I was indeed straight. They may be fine with the stupid idea but I wasn't and certainly will never be.

Damn, I was so fine with same sex relationships, it's not like they're doing me wrong, but to be actually involved in it was something I never dreamed nor expected to happen.

If I tell Cheddy these things I'd surely get teased for it. Ngayon pa nga lang, inaakusahan na niya akong nagseselos. For what? Just because that woman's the center of attention right now? All students can feed her with lots of attention for all I care.

There's no professor today. Many students were gone now, for sure, nagliliwaliw. Ako, si Cheddy, at si Rosendale na lang ang nandito sa loob. Lalo akong naiirita. Pasimple ko siyang nilingon, she's at the far corner of the room, just near the window, she was staring outside like some sort of an anime protagonist. Ano kayang napasok sa isip niya? There's nothing interesting about her, not really, if someone will ask me. Still, why people gets charmed by her?

Stupid people, captivated by her eyes just because she cut her bangs. A few changes in her didn't mean she'll give back the attention. She's still that Rosendale, cold, distant, and dangerous in some sense. Stupid students easily gets attracted to beauty, that's my conclusion. Such shallow minds.

"Echo?" Napatigil ako sa mga iniisip nang muling marinig ang boses ni Cheddy.

"What?" I hissed. "May remedial ka ulit, right? Mag-review ka na lang."

"Fine, fine." Umiling siya. "You know it won't hurt if you'll just admit it. Ako nga, girl crush ko siya, eh─"

"Fuck─"

"Tatahimik na." She cut me off and followed it with her annoying giggle. I just sighed and stood up. She looked at me, her brows furrowed. I even saw in my peripheral how Rosendale shot me a look like she's taken some real interest aside from staring into nowhere. Hindi ko iyon inintindi. "Where are you going?"

"Tatambay." maikling sagot ko.

"Bakit hindi na lang dito?" she asked, "May aircon naman, may upuan, you can even sleep here!"

"Cheddy, if I'm here, you're just going to talk and talk instead of reviewing." I told her. I can't even tell her that being on the same spot with that stupid woman was suffocating me. I just wanted to go somewhere, yung hindi ko siya makikita at naiinis ako sa kanya. "Aalis na ako."

Hindi ko na siya hinintay pang sumagot at mabilisang kinuha ang bag ko at umalis palabas. Pagkasara ko ng pintuan ay mabilis akong naglakad paalis. I still don't know where to go, should I go out? If I'd stay here, that Rosendale will probably be able to find me. Fuck. Napailing na lang ako.