After The Marriage Ceremony

It is 3 hours following our marriage ceremony that Maxon appears to be missing.

May came to me, "Ames, Congratulations on your wedding. But where is Your Royal Husbandness? I have been looking to congratulate him as well."

I giggled at the thought of the name. "Even I was looking for him."

"Then let me not stop you from doing so." She winked at me and ran away.

I smiled and continued to search for him.

A guard called out to me "Your Majesty" and curtsied as I was looking for Maxon on the third floor.

"Oh." I wasn't used to being called like that but for the time being, I pushed that thought away. "Have you seen Maxon?"

"Yes, Your Majesty. I saw him in the Former Queen's Room."

"Thank You."

I finally found him in the Queen's Room. He sat on the couch, deep in thought. He didn't even realize I was there. I was curious to know what was he thinking about so deeply. I couldn't help but hug him at the first thought that came to my mind.

"Oh, America."

"Maxon.."

"Hmm?"

".. Are you all right?"

"Oh, Yes. I am. You should go back or else people will wonder where we are."

" I don't care what people think about us. I want to fulfil my role not only as of the Queen of Illea but as a wife also ."

"But, my dear..."

"Next time you call me that I am again going to knee you in the groin. I hope you don't want that again."

"Of course, my dear."

I pointed a finger at him and we are both left laughing. At that time Maxon's tears roll out of his eyes.

"I know you were crying. I know you are missing them. I know the feeling. Even my father..." Tears started pouring down from my eyes too as I hugged Maxon tightly.

"Oh, America."

King Clarkson was such a wicked father but still, he was his father and I hoped that I could do something for him and reduce this pain.

......

We spent almost hours there, staying silent and mourning the loss of our loved ones. Mom Amberly would have been extremely delighted today if she could see us getting married. But fate separated us from each other and maybe it wasn't in her stars to love me like her daughter-in-law. I was missing her, thinking about the memories that we have shared and would have shared if she hadn't lost her life in that rebel attack. Maxon and I kept talking about our parents until a few guards came bursting into the room. We quickly separated from each other.

"Your Majesties! I hope you both are fine."

"Yes, Officer. We are both fine. But what happened?" Maxon asked in a scary voice. We couldn't handle another rebel attack when we hadn't even healed from the previous one. But fortunately, this was not the news.

"After the reception ended, the other selected girls wanted to see you off, so they asked about your whereabouts. At that point, we realized you were missing from the reception for hours. We got worried. We checked your rooms but couldn't find you. Thus the whole security team is searching for you both in the palace."

"Oh, we apologize. Please tell it to everyone that we are safe and secure. Please also inform the other selected girls that we would like to meet them before they depart, today at dinner. "

The guard gave me a warm smile, "Yes, Your Majesty."

"What was that about?" Maxon spoke, his eyes full of confusion.

"I thought that we should give gifts to them as a memento of our good memories."

"That's an outstanding idea. I knew that I was marrying the right girl who is smart and would cherish me with love and care all her life."

"Of course, Maxon, I love you. "

"I love you too, my America, my sweetheart, my Darling. Tonight I want to have you for myself only. I don't want to share you with anybody. I love you so much that I can do anything for you. And for someone who might be a part of our tomorrow. If you know, what I mean." He said as he winked and closed the distance between us.

He put his hand on my waist and bought me closer. I planted kisses from his jawline to his neck. He reached for my lips and kissed me passionately. I could feel the scent of his vanilla perfume. As soon as he tried to unbutton his shirt, I stopped him.

"Maxon, as much as I love and want this, I think we should get going otherwise we may get late for dinner."

"And what about this?" He said after sealing our lips together once again.

"We can always postpone it for later."

"Till when?" Maxon asked, a flirtatious smile on his lips.

"Mmm... Maybe our honeymoon." He immediately left me on the thought of that while I took this opportunity to rush back to my new suite.