"Good." Jaggedtail praised with a purr. "You've retained the information, but let's see if you can follow it. Go out and hunt and when you come back I want you to have at least one mouse and one squirrel, I'll be hunting myself so you'll have to find me." Foxpaw have a quick nod and ran off into the trees, tail held high.

Jaggedtail felt a rush of pride, Foxpaw was so eager all the time. He had lost a little bit of his hyperactive attitude during his training but he had so much energy to spare, Jaggedtail hoped he never lost that energy, it would serve him well. Jaggedtail ventured forth on his own hunt, nearing the twolegplace confidently.

He was about to catch a mouse when he heard movement, and a strange scent filled his nose. There's a stranger on our territory. Jaggedtail crept forward, making out a large figure in the distance, he hid himself behind some brush.

Jaggedtail narrowed his eyes, peering through the brush at the figure. It was a plump, dark brown tom. A kittypet? Jaggedtail wondered, kittypets hardly ever strayed this far beyond their homes. Jaggedtail watched the kittypet for a few moments, waiting to see what it would do. How brave could a kittypet be? Would he stray further into LichenClan territory or would he turn back to his twolegs.

The kittypet turned his head in Jaggedtail's direction, making Jaggedtail's blood turn to ice. The dark amber eyes were hauntingly familiar, but the kittypet had two deep nicks in one of its ears, a scar that Jaggedtail had only seen in one other cat. Rowanfang.

Unable to take anymore, Jaggedtail stood up and stepped into Rowanfang's view. "What are you doing here?" He demanded, causing Rowanfang to freeze up. This wasn't the Rowanfang that Jaggedtail remembered. Rowanfang had been a strong, muscular warrior with the fire of battle in his eyes.

This Rowanfang was plump with soft, glossy fur and dimmed amber eyes. Around his neck was a strange, black tendril that had a tiny, shiny ball on the end that jingled when he moved. He turned his back on LichenClan to become a kittypet. Jaggedtail bared his teeth. "Get off my territory, Rowanfang." He spat. "You don't belong here anymore."

Rowanfang narrowed his eyes, as if he was having trouble recognizing Jaggedtail. When he left I was just an apprentice. Then Rowanfang rested his eyes on Jaggedtail's broken tail. "Jaggedpaw?"

"It's Jaggedtail." He growled. "You need to leave, now."

Rowanfang snorted. "Give me a break." He swayed his tail. "I was one of LichenClan's best fighters, I'd like to see you make me."

So be it. Jaggedtail let out a yowl and charged forward, Rowanfang clearly hadn't been expecting him to actually attack because he was knocked over easily. Jaggedtail clawed at Rowanfang's shoulders and flanks, and the kittypet hadn't landed a single blow on Jaggedtail yet.

When Rowanfang finally got his claws out, his attacks were sloppy and clumsy. He was quickly getting out a breath. I doubt this cat has fought since he left! Jaggedtail thought. He pinned Rowanfang's dominate leg and sank his teeth into his scruff, Rowanfang weighed a lot more than an average warrior but Jaggedtail managed to toss him to the side. "You're out of practice, Rowanfang."

Rowanfang bared his teeth, but didn't say anything, Jaggedtail slowly shook his head. "You're a pathetic waste of a warrior." Jaggedtail's claws dug into the earth beneath his paws. He was never this hostile, but all he could picture was the sight of hurt and betrayal in Elmheart's eyes when they were just apprentices and Rowanfang turned his back on his only living kit.

"What do you know about being a real warrior?" Rowanfang demanded with a lash of his tail.

"I know that being a warrior requires loyalty to your Clan, to the cats around you. Dedicating yourself to your entire Clan, no matter what. It means supporting your Clan through all the hard times, holding them up with they're injured and hunting for them when they're sick. You did none of those things, you turned your back on the Clan when things got tough and hid as a kittypet.