"Yes, I think we should take her in for testing." Dr. Simmons nodded.

A Falconer grabbed Sofia by the shoulders igniting her fight or flight response. She swung back, connecting with his jaw. He groaned, releasing her shoulder allowing her to spring forward through the doctors. The Falconers up ahead positioned themselves, aiming their tranquilizer guns at Sofia.

Her eyes darted from one Falconer to the next. Eleanor was unattended as the Falconers prepared for Sofia's next move.

She zigzagged missing a Falconer's lunge. Eleanor shrunk back watching Sofia barrel towards her. She reached out, grabbing Eleanor's arm and dragged her behind her. Falconers had lined at the exits, guns trained on the pair trying to make a break.

"Be gentle." Dr. Gonzalez called from behind them. "We need them healthy."

Sofia stopped, Eleanor slamming into her from behind. Her heartbeat thudded behind her eyes as she tried to think of her next move, but time was running out. There were too many Falconers and she knew she would lose. But she had to sell it, she had to be taken.

She dropped Eleanor's hand and charged forward. The Falconer aimed his gun, sliding a finger over the trigger. Sofia leapt forward, hearing the ping from the gun coming towards her. A sharp object pierced her neck and dropped her onto the shiny floor. Her shoes squeaked as her skirt flew upward near her hips.

Her vision grew blurry as she reached up to feel the feathered end of the tranquilizer dart. Eleanor landed beside her, her eyes drooping shut. Sofia tried getting back onto her feet, but the drugs were too strong and already running their course. Her arms buckled buckled, and she landed on her face. The last thing she saw were the boot of a Falconer as he loomed over her.

***

Sofia lay on a soft mattress in a brightly light room. The white walls gave off the sheen of the lights overheard. Their intensity cut through her eyelids and awoke her from her drug induced slumber. Her vision was still hazy, and her head felt like it was full of cotton. The soft mattress sunk underneath her as she shuffled onto an upright position.

She pressed a hand to her head, trying to focus her vision on anything in the room. Sofia set her feet onto the floor, welcoming the cold temperature. It cleared her mind of its hazy fog as realization struck her. She sprang inter her feet, her knees bulking under her weight. She landed with a heavy thud, her hand gripping the side of the mattress. Sofia's eyes darted about the room. 

There wasn't much to see, the stark whiteness of her surroundings was overwhelming. Underneath her were crisp white sheets that matched the material of her white uniform. She ran a hand over her neck where the dart has pierced her. The skin was raised and slightly tender. Sofia stood up again, gathering her bearings as she shuffled towards the door. Other than her bed, the room had one small table by the door with a plastic succulent sitting in the middle.

The knob on the door turned, making Sofia step back. Adrenaline pumped through her veins as she watched the door fully open. On the other side was an older woman with black hair, pulled into a ponytail. She wore two-toned rimmed glasses and carried a clipboard in her hand. Sofia dropped her eyes down the name tag. Dr. Flores.

"Good morning." she greeted, offering Sofia a friendly smile.

"Morning?" Sofia replied. Her voice was groggy and clogged in her vocal cords.

"Yes, you've been out for a full 24 hours. How are you feeling?"

"Like I was kidnapped."

Dr. Flores smiled, but quickly dropped the expression as she lifted up the clipboard in front of her.

"I see you had quite an emotional outburst during your first day of school. Those can be stressful and difficult, but it's in your best interested that we examine you."

"I'm fine. Let me go. You can't just take people." Sofia snapped.

Dr. Lopez glanced at her over her glasses.

"That's some aggression you've got there." she said. "Well, let's get you tested and we'll see where we go from here."

Dr. Lopez turned away as two orderlies wearing black uniforms entered the room. Sofia resisted as they grabbed her arms and carried her into the hallway. It was empty and echoed the sounds of the orderlies' shoes.

They reached another room at the end of the hallway. Inside was a metal table underneath a bright fluorescent light. The stark whiteness burned at Sofia's corneas. She squeezed her eyes shut as the orderly walked her to the table. She took a seat as Dr. Flores spread out several ink blot pictures in front of her.

Sofia looked up at Dr. Flores and rolled her eyes.

"What are you trying to prove here?" she asked.

"Tell me what you see." Dr. Flores answered.

Sofia dropped her eyes to the stack of inkblots in front of her. The first on top reminded her of a butterfly, so she gave her answer. Dr. Flores removed the card, revealing the second. A shudder rippled through Sofia's nerves, chilling her skin and raising the hair on the back of her neck.

Dr. Flores waited expectantly, studying the expression in Sofia's eyes. Her pupils had dilated and her breathing had audibly changed.

"What do you see?" Dr. Flores asked.

Sofia lifted her eyes, allowing Dr. Flores to see how they trembled. Her voice was trapped, locked  in her vocal cords as her mind replayed that heartbreaking moment over and over again. She could still hear the sloshing of the water as she lifted her sister from the tub. The dampness had seeped into her clothes, making them stick to her skin. Even now, 5 years after, the coppery smell haunted her in her dreams and in her waking life.

"I-I... I see my sister, with her wrists slit."

Hi everyone! It's been some time since updated this

Hi everyone! It's been some time since updated this. But here it is!

How was the chapter?