Chapter 6: Traverse Town

AUTHORS NOTE: Sorry to the whole one of you who read this. I've had some things come up which made this chapter take longer than normal, so in repentance I made this chapter a bit longer. Enjoy.

~

    Noir slowly lowers her keyblade as the portal finally closed on her side. Tears streamed down her eyes as she left behind the one she loved. She looked around in the corridor she was in and it looked like outer space, but more colorful. The floor was clear and there was a strange symbol on the ground and floor that looked like the heartless symbol but flipped. Ansem lead the way through heading down the other side. The people around the two followed and disappeared along with Ansem on the other side. Noir soon followed. She walked through the threshold, and came out through large wooden gates leading to a small town square. It was nighttime and there were street lights around. A moogle floated about moving supplies and some kids who were playing suddenly stop to stare at the group of about 150 people enter in the town square. For a while everything stopped as they whispered amongst each other. Noir looked into the sky and caught a glimpse of a star going out. She sighed lightly, knowing that was Sleepless City getting devoured by the darkness, along with her Leon. Her train of thought was cut off by a man's voice towards the top of the stairs in front of the refugees. He wore blue jeans, a black leather jacket and a black tee shirt, in his hand was a large blade that down at the hilt turned into a revolver that was as big as Noirs arm.

    “Who is the leader of this group?” The man demanded

    Ansem the Wise took a step forwards, “It is I.”

    The man looked at him, “And who might you be?”

    “I am Ansem the Wise, who might you be?”

    “That’s none of your concern right now. Why are you here?”

    Ansem was just about to answer when a woman’s voice from above Noir’s head. Noir spins around and looks up as the woman hanging on a gargoyle just above the door. She had brown shoes paired with thigh high white socks, a pair of beige booty shorts that were more or less held up by a royal blue belt. Her green shirt and yellow scarf combo left her midriff open for everyone to see.

    “Squall.~” She whined, “Don’t be so hard on the newcomers. I’m sure they're not here to harm us. They all look so scared,” she then kicks off the gargoyle and soars through the air, Ooo’s and Ahh’s radiate through the crowds, and she lands next to the man. She then addresses Ansem saying, “This is Leon, and I am the great ninja Yuffie.”

    “Do you have a sort of protector?” Leon asks looking through the crowd.

    “Actually yes I do. Noir if you can come over here,” Ansem says looking to the crowd. Noir looked up and started to make her way to the front through the murmuring crowd.

When she gets there she looks at the man first, then the woman, then at Ansem and she says, “My name is Noir. I’m a keyblade wielder under Master Yen Sin.”

    “Yen Sid huh?” Leon says, “Haven’t heard that name.”

    “Wait didn’t Merlin say something about Yen Sid?” Yuffie interjects

    Leon turns to Yuffie, “Yeah I think he did. We should talk to him after we get everyone situated. Anyways,” He turns back to Noir, “You said you were a keyblade wielder. You wanna show me your keyblade?”

    Noir looked at Ansem, who gave her an assuring nod, before she raises her hand summoning her keyblade. It appears in her hand and Leon studies it. He nods and says, “That is definitely a keyblade. Let’s get these people situated.”