[Chapter 22]

I'm Not O-Fucking-Kay.

GERARD.

There wasn't a lot more said throughout the night, me and Frank had hung back when people had started going back to their rooms, Mr. Khan leaving before a lot of kids did with an apology to Frank and a good luck before he jogged off, four more students following behind him. I never wanted to leave, it was nice here, I felt calm and relaxed.

Even with the knowledge that Tom was within three meters of me.

"Hey..." Frank mumbled, bumping his shoulder into mine gently and discreetly on our way back to the dorms, making sure no one wouldn't be able to notice him doing it, "I need cuddles tonight. Do you know anyone that will volunteer for me? I don't mind who it is, although I do indeed have a certain someone in mind right now."

I smiled at Frank and his wide grin and his bright eyes, even though we were just coming back through the trees back to our rooms, his features were illuminated by the lamps that were evenly placed around camp to keep us from getting lost or walking into things, "I do think there is one or two people I know that would offer up their night to cuddle with you."

Frank rolled his eyes and saw that the hall was empty before he took my hand and unlocked his door, letting me in first so he could close it behind him, "You looked very pretty in the light of fire tonight." Frank said softly, leaning back against the door as he gazed over at me laying down upon his bed, his smile barely there.

"And I've never looked pretty before I sat beside that fire?" Frank giggled and walked over to the bed, climbing on and sitting cross legged in front of me, "You always look really pretty, you're my pretty girl. I think you're really pretty whatever gender you are, gender doesn't matter."

I hauled my legs up to my chest and propped my chin up on my knees as I stared at the beauty in front of me before letting my eyes drop to the bed sheets, "Thank you for that reassurance. That honestly makes me feel ten times better about it all." I gave a halfhearted smile, too tired to actually throw a proper smile.

Frank cocked his head to the side quizzically, his eyebrows rose slightly as if to ask me what the hell I was talking about but he just couldn't bring himself around to ask me out loud. I wouldn't want to ask me out loud about this sort of thing either, if I were him. I don't blame him.

No more was said of the topic, no more was mentioned on my gender and I started moving so I ended up on Frank's lap with my arms around his neck, my legs still pulled up to my chest so I could keep all of my warmth within the area that me and Frank were taking up.

His arms went around my waist and his face buried into my neck, his nose brushing the base of my neck where it meets my shoulder, his deep breath out scampering across my collar bone, "I'm tired." I whisper, pulling away a little just so I could look at Frank's face, so I could see what he felt and know if he agreed with me as he spoke his reply.

"We should really get you to sleep then."

I nodded and pushed myself up off of Frank and reached my arms up, stretching out and letting a load of pops to sound before turning back to Frank with a smile as I watched him follow my path of movement, wrapping his arms around my shoulders once he had finished his stretch and he cuddled up to me with a hum of approval, "Hey, Frankie? Can I borrow some clothes from you tonight? If I go and get some-"

"You don't need an explanation for me to let you steal my shirts, don't worry." Frank turned his back on me and pulled his suitcase out from underneath the bed and pulled out a white loose fitting shirt for me, passing to to me before he went hunting for his own clothes to wear during the night, ending up with nothing in his hands, my heart rate increasing as it dawned on me that Frank would be seeing my legs up close and in detail for the first time.