"Venetus"

CHAPTER FOUR

I gave myself a moment to shed the sleep from my brain, to allow the visions of the night to give way to the day and my eyes finally greeted the dayshine, just like my heart and lungs expanded.

The train stopped and it was the last station. Here I was.
In Venteus.
Some guys came and helped me with my bags and one of them told me he was going to be my chaperone until we reached the building where the election was going to happen.

He was very nice. He had green eyes, a sweet smile and curly hair. Also the red flannel he was wearing made him look mysterious.

"Do you know what's going to happen?" I asked him as we were getting out of the station.

"This is a first time for me too," he said leaving out a small smile, "you know it's been centuries since a moon election has happened."

"Yeah, true. Crazy, isn't it?"

"Um..for you... sure, it must be! But for me it's just... you know, normal. I'm not profitting anything from that, except of a job. Something, we Nyctophilians need the most."

"You're from Nyctophilia?"

"Yeah. This is why I'm accompagning you."

"Nice! And what's your name?"

"Andrew"

We were finally out of the station and I stopped, I gasped and my eyes couldn't believe what they were seeing. A whole different dimension. I mean like, in the first meaning of it. The one and only, Venetsus.

Hectic.

I loved the view with every fibre of my being. Skyscrapers, colorful buildings... even glass ones.
Lots of people walking in the streets. These folks that mill with happy faces and lively eyes had hearts of pure light within them just waiting for the right circumstances to break loose. It was their basic human programming to be good, kind and loving, hardcoded into their DNA.
Amazing.

"Wow" i said with wide open eyes.

"Amazing, isn't it?" Andrew asked with the same sweet smile in his face.

"It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. But I'm starting to feel a little claustrophobic" I said joking.

He laughed " You'll get over it, once you see the other amazing parts of this place, believe me."

We continued walking and I had never felt any more alive before. The sun rays were playing with my face and were giving life to my eyes. I was smiling. After so many years, I was smiling again.

"How little it takes to make someone happy!" Andrew said staring at my content face.

"Little? Andrew this is a lot! It's a whole new world! Look!" I said glowing.

"Nothing's more wonderful than the humans themselves, they have the power to change everything. The power to even save others!" he said grinning and looking in the sky.

His words confused me. They reminded me of the weird dream I had the night before. Who was he? And what was that dream?
My thoughts were brushed off when we reached a buildining made of mirrors after walking for 10 minutes in the busy, clean streets.
Oh, wasn't it the most perfect thing I had ever seen?

"Here we are. Now go and shine!" Andrews said.

"Wait, where are you going? Aren't you supposed to be with me the whole journey?"

"Umm... no. I never said that." He said with a small smirk. "My job is to walk the competitors here.. bye now."

And he left.
I was alone. Once again.

I approached the giant door which looked like it was made of pink crystals and a guardian stopped me. He was tall, wearing a suit and black glasses and had some black earphones too. Typical.

"Who are you?" He asked.
I didn't know what to say, even the answer was so easy. Just say the damn name girl, a voice from inside my brain told me.
So i changed my posture, gathered my confidence and fianlly said
"My name is Magoa Hart and I'm here for the election."

"Oh, please come in miss, they are waiting for you."

They? Who are they? I hope they'll be friendly. But everyone was friendly here in Venetsus so far, so I guess things will go alright.

I took some steps forward and entered a marvellous place. Everything was made out of silver there. Even the walls were glittery. How impressive!

There was a huge staircase in front of me which seperated in two parts. The one on the left had a board on which was written " Staff" and on the right one was written "Election". So i guess you know which way I took....

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Love you lots, F ♥️
New part next Monday :)