"Change of Luck"

CHAPTER TWO

It was the morning of 19th July when a letter came in our mailbox. Sasha got it and brought it to me. Since the first moment I saw it I knew it was from another dimension because it looked very sophisticated and rich.
It had my name on it so Sasha gave it to me. I had never touched anything from the outter world. What a feeling!
I opened it and started reading out loud since there was only Sasha and me in the room.

***

***

Both Sasha and I were astonished by that and stayed three minutes staring at each other saying and doing nothing, when suddenly she broke the silence and said:
"Man, that's your life's opportunity. Take it. Change your life. Make me proud."

"Wait... what?"

"Girl, you're going in another dimension. You got a letter from the Royal Family. What can't you believe?"

"It's just.. I..."

I was literally out of words. I just couldn't believe that was happening. It couldn't be possible. I couldn't be that lucky. Anyway it was as true as my world, and for sure things were going to change.

***

I was getting ready and preparing my bag. I had never been out of my dimension, not even out of my city. I didn't have a lugagge, just like I didn't have a lot of clothes. Just two shirts, a pair of jeans and two dresses that I wore everyday. So i took them.

Sasha was standing at the door and was watching me in silence. Her eyes were wet and she approached the drawer next to the bed. She got something from it and then approached me.

"Mag, I need to tell you something.
I turned around and faced her."

"What's it?- I said. -You know you can tell me everything."

"Listen. The thing is that... You're going now and I'm not sure if you're coming back again so I need to tell you this."

"What's it? Tell me. I'm dying to know."

"When we first met in the orphanage, it was 15 years ago. My mom was one of the sisters that found you. She has told me that in the first moment she saw you, she knew you were different. There was something in your eyes, your smile, probably the last time you were smiling, it looked like you were shining. Some kind of moon-shining. And she found a medallion in your neck, she took it away and with it she took your shine and smile too. She was afraid to tell the other sisters, so she hid the medallion and later gave it to me. You know, she has died now, all the sisters have died, but I have the medallion, and I was waiting for the perfect moment to give it to you. I don't know what's its meaning, its intention but I know that it doesn't belong in my drawer. It belongs to you. Take it... and please forgive my mother."

I took the medallion. How pretty it was. It had a silver moon in it and it shined so brightly. I'd never seen something that beautiful before.

I was shocked. There was this big secret about my life and nobody had ever told me anything about it. I didn't know how to feel. I said nothing, just stared at her eyes, put the medallion in the bag and no matter what I hugged her.

She let a slight sound of relief and hugged me even harder. She was the only person I had in this dark world. And now... Well now, I was leaving this world. Hoping to find a better place...

Time passed and Sasha accompagned me in the train station. We used to go there when we were kids and play tricks on passangers. How much time had passed! We hadn't been there for years.
She was kind of smiling too and i knew that the reason behind that smile were our memories.
Life's crazy! Who would have thought that when we would return back to that train station years later, things would be so different. That it would turn from the station of games and tricks to the station of a whole new life for me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There's more to come guys.
♥️