1

Blayke smiled as Harry stood in silence before he decided to speak up, "oh um, thank you for letting me know. Emma Reese loves readings so we will try to start coming."

Blayke looked at the book in his hand and then looked up at him, "Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, nobody ever reads that book," she spoke in a quiet voice, making sure not to distract anyone from finding books that they wanted or needed to read. "I'll help you check out if you need me to."

"That would be lovely," Harry followed after Blayke as she walked towards the checkout counter. She walked behind the counter to continue getting everything ready.

"So I'm assuming you don't have a library card," she asked which caused him to shake his head no, "simple fix, I'll get you one," and with that Blayke was gone only to return with the card and the book.

"Also, here is a cute little kitten book mark for Emma Reese," she smiled and handed the book mark to the small girl who was waiting patiently for her father. "I hope to see you guys back here, have a lovely Wednesday afternoon," she waved goodbye to Emma Reese and her frazzled father.

He hadn't been so intrigued with another person since his last relationship—which was Emma Reese's mother.

The library closed at 5:00 so Blayke started her daily walk back home. Sure she had a car, a Volkswagen Beetle that she loved with everything she had. But she thought it made no sense to drive it a mile to her work and then back a mile home when work had ended for the day.

She smiled and waved at familiar faces like the Tonys that owned the flower shop and the Brackins who owned the donut shop. She was very happy in a town like this. Nothing crazy ever went on, well except every now and again when one spouse cheated on the other with someone else. Now that's when word travelled fast. The last place she passed before she got home was a small local park.

The park contained five single swings, a set of monkey bars and three slides, all of different length. She noticed the small girl with her father, the man she did not catch the first name of. She smiled as she saw Mr. Styles pushing Emma Reese on a swing. "Hi Emma Reese, hi Mr. Styles," she waved as she walked by.

Harry looked up, he hadn't heard her walking but waved back as she passed. "You guys look a bit hot," she spoke as she glanced to the little girl who had hair all over her face and then at Harry who was slightly glistening from sweat.

"Yes, we very much are, but we're having the best time, am I right, daddy?" Emma Reese said, running over to where Blayke was before her father could answer.

Harry stood up from where he had crouched down down moments before to pick up his little girl before she ran off. As he approached, Emma Reese was listening to Blayke whisper to her with a huge smile on her face. "Oh dad, dad Ms. Blayke invited us to her house for some lemonade and cookies. Could we please go? I love cookies and lemonade." She looked up at her father who couldn't say no to her pleading eyes.

"I suppose we could do that. We need a friend in the community," he spoke with a small grin on his face.

"That sounds awesome my house is literally the closest house to the park so we're not too far from it."

Soon enough they were walking up the driveway to her house. "I see you have a Beetle," he spoke as they passed her car.

"Oh yes, my baby. I've had it since I could drive. It was my first car, it's an '08." She laughed softly as she opened her front door. "Also I apologize for the mess, my cat likes to fight her toys while I'm gone," she said as she bent down to pick up a few toys.