Confession

Again, you were over the moon. But you had to talk to Rodrick sometime, it couldn't be just you ignoring him while knowing that he probably broke up with his crush for 2 years just for you. You would feel bad because that's just the person you are.

But, little did you know that Rowley was planning to confess to you the same evening you were planning to talk to Rodrick.

He really couldn't have picked a worse time to confess.

It was the night of Löded Diaper's big gig. You were planning on talking to him after the concert and asking him questions, you were the junior journalist for the biggest magazine so you had backstage access to interview the band members.

That night, Rowley wanted to talk to you after the concert to tell you something important. He was planning on finding you in the crowd and asking you to come outside with him and talk to him, that's when he would confess to you.

You were in your room with your favourite dress on singing to y/f/b while putting on your makeup. You wanted to look perfect for this interview, for more than one reason.

You were going to go to the concert with Greg and his family since none of your family could take you.

You hear the doorbell ring, feeling excited about tonight.

You take all your stuff and run downstairs.

You open the door and there is standing Mrs Heffley with Manny right next to her.

"Hi y/n." She says.

"Hi, Mrs Heffley!" You respond. 

You say bye to your family and lock the door behind you.

"You look nice y/n." Mrs Heffley says.

"Thank you Mrs Heffley. I kinda need to look good for the interview, y'know." You say.

"Yeah, sure." She says.

You were confused by what she said. 

What did she mean?

You brushed it off and got in the car where you saw Greg and Mr Heffley.

You all chatted and laughed with each other until you arrived at the venue.

Once you arrived, you all got out of the car and got into the venue, you took your seats.

2 hours later

The concert was amazing. You were so proud of Rodrick and his band and knew they would go far.

Rowley was about to come up to you, but you rushed backstage.

You were excited about seeing him that you completely ignored everything around you, including Rowley.

"Oh, hey y/n," Rodrick says as soon as he sees you.

"Hey Rodrick. I'm here to do the interview." You say as you look down at your notebook in embarrassment. As much as you wanted him before, you didn't want to see him now for some reason.

"Right..." He says.

You both just stand there in awkward silence.

"So..." You then say, wanting to break the silence. "Why'd you break up with Heather." 

"That doesn't sound like a question that's appropriate for an interview." He replies.

"I-it's not for the interview. I was just... curious." You respond looking down at the floor.

"I-" He doesn't say anything after that.

"Sorry." You mumble.

He just nods.

"Want to get started on the interview?" He asks.

You nod as the both of you go to the other band members.

You interview the band, but when you interviewing Rodrick, it was just awkward.

You were devastated but kinda expected this to be the outcome when you were faced with him.

After the interview, you went outside to get some air.

"The was, not the ideal situation." You think to yourself.

You sit down on the step and lean your head against the wall, just zoning out.

You weren't sad, just disappointed with yourself.

Greg's POV

You knew that Rowley was probably going to confess to y/n today and you didn't want him to.

When he told you that he had a crush on her, you were shocked.

Sure she was pretty, but not crush-worthy in your eyes.

"Rowley, you don't want to this. She's probably gonna reject you anyways." You say.

"I just want her to know!" Rowley says for probably the 10th time.

"It'd be better if she didn't know right now. She just talked to Rodrick for the first time in months dude!" You say. "If he rejected her, she'd be crushed and wouldn't want to hear that, you should probably leave it'll later."

He just nods.

"I guess you are right Greg." He says.

You knew you were right.

You were always right, according to yourself.

Next day

Your POV

You're on your bed playing games on your phone when you suddenly get a call from Greg.

"Hey Greg, what's up?" You ask.

"Y/n! Rowley's gone!" He exclaims.

You put down the phone. 

What happened to Rowley.

A/N: Hi guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, had writers block. Also, Liv, I know your reading this.