Repaired

That was the best news you had ever heard!

But, why did he do it?

Why did he break up with the girl he had been chasing for 2 years?

Was it... because of you?

No, of course, it wasn't! You have never had that kind of power over him.

In fact, it was him who had that kind of power over you.

So, why did he do it then?

"Maybe he just felt bad for me." You thought. 

But did it matter?

All that mattered to you was that they broke up.

But there was that one little voice in your head asking if it was for you.

You kept pushing it away though.

"He probably still doesn't like me. I mean who would."

But what you didn't know was, a lot of people liked you. In fact, your best friend Rowley Jefferson had a crush on you and never told anyone.

Like is probably the wrong word.

Rowley was infatuated with you. You were all he'd ever think of. 

 But he wasn't the only one.

Today you were at Rowley's house, celebrating (with your friends) the break-up.

You guys got cakes and hot dogs and party food.

You and Holly were dancing in the middle of the room to y/f/b's top songs while Greg was in the corner stuffing his face with doughnuts and cake pops while washing all of it down with soda.

Everyone was happy, everyone was having fun... except for one person.

"Guys, why are we celebrating? Heather and Rodrick probably feel really sad right now." Rowley says. 

"Oh lighten up Rowley! Heather was probably using him. Besides, Rodrick was the one who broke up with her!" Holly says cheerfully.

He sighs and just sits on his bed.

You, the only one noticing his weird behaviour, go up to him.

"Hey," You say. "What's going on?"

"Nothing y/n. Just considering the other's feelings." He says, sighing.

"Why would you want to consider they're feelings. They've been nothing but mean to you." You say, concerned.

"Exactly! Rodrick's been so mean to you, so why are you so in love with him?!" He exclaims.

That's when Greg and Holly notice what's going on.

You stay silent for a bit

You then speak up.

"Because... because you can't choose who you love Rowley."  

"Exactly!" He says. "And that sucks!!"

"Then why are you blaming me?!" You ask.

He sighs.

"Sorry y/n. I just got a bit angry that we weren't considering their feelings but... I guess we don't have to consider everyone's feelings in life." 

"It's okay Rowley. You're just a sweet guy, I can understand why you're aggravated." 

You give him a hug and everyone gets back to celebrating.

But the whole time, you felt like Rowley was being weird.

Little did you know, he was aching inside at the thought of you having a crush on another guy.

Just like how you were aching whenever you saw Rodrick chase after Heather.

You were repaired, but he was still broken.