You are the Brightest Star out There: A (Short) Poth Story

Goth finds himself staring at the sky, standing close to the end of rails on Palette's room's balcony. "Stars glimmer and shine, just wonderful in all", he thought. "I wish I was like that in Palettes eyes, shiny... glimmery... just wonderful, if only." Goth leans over the balcony, looking down below for just a few seconds, a few, long... seconds...

He assumes that Palettes is still asleep, wishing that he could join him, but the thoughts of holding him in an embrace kept him awake. He kept thinking, looking back up at the stars, "No, he is your best friend, you came here for a fun sleepover, stop thinking of things like that! They will ruin your friendship." Still thinking of that word, friend, Goth started to cry.

At first, it was a few small tears, but quickly after those few, he broke out in large sobs, now leaning down, his back arched, with his head against the railing. Slowing falling to the ground, his head still against the railing, rubbing against it the whole way down. Once he was fully on the floor, his head moved a little, and his whole body jerked to the left. Surprised and confused, Goth grabbed onto the side of the railing, half his body on the other side of the railing. He almost fell three floors down.

Still crying an ocean of sadness and regret, watching each drop fall and hit the far ground below, now thinking only of, "If I didn't catch myself, I would have fallen head first, I would of... If it wasn't for this hand... this HAND... MY HAND." Goth went still in silence, still leaning halfway off the balcony, in between just two bars. He wanted to let go with all his might, wanted to get out of Palettes life, so he didn't have to be around him, or have to worry about him or... love him... Goth wanted to let go, and in that small moment, he almost did, until he heard... "Goth, are you out here? Oh my golly gosh! Goth back away from the balcony, it's not safe to be leaning that far out!" Quickly rushing over to Goth, Palette put one arm around Goth's waist, and on the hand that was holding onto the railing. The moment he had them both safely away from the railing, he pulled Goth up, forcing Goth to stand.

Goth, with a damp face still covered in tears, no longer crying, looked up at Palette slowly, then realized he was being held by him, and Palette realized too, and let go, quickly backing up. "Blushing?", Goth thought to himself.

To break what seemed like an eternity of silence, Palette asked while staring at the ground, "So, why were you even out here." Goth made no reply, so Palette looked at him, realizing that his eyes were empty, not even a glimmer of an eye light, and then quickly saw the tears drying on his face. He quickly grabbed his shoulders and said in a low calming voice, "Are you okay? Did you come out here to be alone, I can go back inside if you like, but please know that I am your friend, and will always be here for you no matter what... so please tell me what's wrong." Goth heard that word, friend, he didn't like it not one bit. He remembered all the stuff that they have done together, which was basically everything, and he was always there, with Goth. His face scrunched up a bit, Palette noticed and said, "Goth?"

At that moment Goth could only think about his feelings for Palette, so without taking a moment to think about what he was about to do, or what Palette had just said. He kissed Palette, at this point he wouldn't care about whatever came after, his thoughts were just filled with being his boyfriend and not his friend.

Palette was a little surprised by the kiss at first, but then leaned into it. He had wanted this for a while, wanted to tell Goth about his feelings. Finally knowing that Goth feels the same, he didn't know what to do except, enjoy it. So he held Goth close to him, not ever wanting to let go.

When they both left the kiss, both of there eye lights were glowing, the only thing that they could both think of at that moment was being with the other, for almost what they wanted to be forever...

Instantly the first thing they both said was, "I love you", at the same time.

Even though they were both filled with joy, Palette had not forgotten what he had walked outside and seen. He decided to ask about it. "So, I know we are supposed to be cheerful right now because I have loved you for so long, but now that I think about it... did I walk in on... you trying to... ya know?" Goth quickly remembered what he was going to do before Palette came outside. He dropped a few tears that felt like they had burned his cheekbones, starting to shake a little, he tried to say, "I was gonna... gonna... because I felt like you would never want me... like I was just a fr-"

"Don't even say it, I hate that word, I never wanna go back to being friends", pulling Goth in, now holding him tightly. Then Growing closer to his ear, Palette said softly, "Will you go out with me? Goth, nothing would make me happier than being with you..." Goth didn't have to say a word, he kissed Palette again, not one bit of hesitation in him, no more tears, just happiness, all enclosed in Palettes two arms.

When they broke away once more, Palette had asked Goth if he wanted to watch the stars with him, once Goth nodded his head up and down, he spun him around so that he was facing his back. Then he quickly held Goth close, leaning his head into Goths back, thinking, "he is just wonderful." Goth, feeling calm in Palette's arms, looked up and said, "I'm finally his shining, glimmering, and just wonderful star", to himself.

That night they had fallen asleep holding each other close, happy that they had finally gotten what they both wanted. To never be his friend again. 

Guys, hope you liked it, the first story I have ever written, and this is a short story mind you, has 1,051 words!!! 

If you guys have any requests for any other Undertale or Undertale AU ships that you would like short stories of, put them in the comments! I'm all ears for story ideas or recommendations, I do any kind of stories too! 

Okay, have a good day yall!!!!!!!