00:11

Genesis' POV

Steve fastened his Captain America helmet and immediately started his Harley-Davidson. Adrenaline was still coursing through my veins after we jumped out of the glass elevator. I hopped on behind him without a helmet and coiled my arms around him. We hurried out of the garage, which was closing in on us.

Ahead were pointy spikes coming out of the ground directly at us, and I knew Steve couldn't run them over. His tires would deflate, and we did not want that. "Steve?" I raised my voice through the wind blasting in our ears, warning him of what's in front of us.

An aircraft flew pass us and shifted itself in front of us. "Stand down, Captain Rogers. Stand down," the pilot ordered. A machine gun emerged from below the jet. "Repeat, stand down."

Instead of obeying their commands, Steve sped up. I squeezed tightly onto him, burying my face into his back, as he dodged the bullets. He took off his shield from his arm and flung it like a frisbee into the propellers.

"Here! I'll be back!" He leaped off from his Harley-Davidson motorcycle. I frantically latched my hands onto the handles and scooted myself up in the seat.

"Steve!!! I don't know how to use a motorcycle!" I cried, trying to steer the bike. I took in a deep breath. "You can do it, Genesis. You can do it," I encouraged myself.

The spikes were still in my way. Guiding the motorcycle with one hand, I lifted my other hand out at the spikes. The spikes glowed green and retreated back into the ground.

Success!

I gripped onto the handles with both hands, regaining control of the motorcycle.

Meanwhile, above me, Steve was causing more damage to the aircraft with his shield. My eyes followed the descending jet crash into the bridge.

After Steve landed on the ground from the air, he chased after me. I was tempted to zoom off in a zig-zag pattern to tease and annoy him for the fun of it, but right now, it obviously wasn't appropriate, especially with S.H.I.E.L.D. after us. I glanced behind and noticed Steve catching up. I scooted all the way forward, giving him enough space to sit even though I may be uncomfortable. As Steve jumped onto the back behind me, I felt the seat dip down. I thought I was going to be ejected out of the motorcycle by the sudden weight drop, but he managed to catch me just in time.

I returned the handles of the motorcycle to him so that he could steer. Because he was in control of the motorcycle, his arms blocked any of my arm movements. "Come on, Steve, I was having fun!" I whined, playfully punching his biceps.

He raised his eyebrows at me, slightly grinning. "Oh were you?" His breath tickled the back of our neck, and I felt my body shiver. I began to realize how close he was to me. I stiffened at the thought that my back was literally pressed against his chest. He lowered and tilted his head to make eye contact with me. "How about you can have another round at this when we aren't being chased?" I felt my face burning up.

Snap out of it, Genesis! Relax.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Deal!"

Steve and I returned to the hospital with our heads lowered and our disguises. We had abandoned Steve's motorcycle at a nearby gymnasium. Steve told me that there was a tracker in his suit, so he had to ditch it somehow. Finding the gymnasium, he traded his suit with a random boy's clothes while they were participating in an activity. I returned Steve's baseball cap because I felt like he needed it more than me.

Being a girl, I had to switch my red t-shirt Steve had given me. The red top was too bright and noticeable. I seized a boy's grey t-shirt, but it was too large for me. I had to tuck it in my pants given that we both were on a time crunch and that all these boys were big and buffy, there was no chance of me to find a smaller size. I mean, I could freeze the whole world, but my energy was drained from earlier.