00:03

Genesis' POV

Arriving at my apartment, I slammed the door shut while taking my shoes off in the process.

"Monica!" I called. "What's so urgent that I have to come all the way here!?!?!? I was actually associating myself with a male, you know? One chance in a lifetime!"

I heard footsteps coming from the hallway. "Jen! Jen!"

My hysterical sister popped in front of me, startling me at first. I crossed my arms. "What is it?"

"They found out! They found out!"

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What?" I asked, not comprehending.

"Mama and baba!" She clarified.

My heart plummeted.

Oh no.

My eyes widened. "A-about me!?!?" I pointed at myself.

How did they find out?!?!? Did they find out what happened to me and the stranger?!?!?!

"No, you idiot, me!" Monica elucidated. "They finally realized that I was gone!"

I mentally facepalmed myself.

And she got me all worried...If mama and baba found out...

"Girl." I strode over to her, hitting her arms. "You literally gave me a heart attack, and I ran ALL THE WAY HERE."

Monica giggled, dodging me. "Awww...did I interrupt something? So angry."

I glared at her. "I hate you. That was no emergency." I entered my kitchen to make myself some coffee.

"Why were you running anyways? You're not the type to run in the mornings." I scoffed at her comment. Monica opened the empty fridge. "Oh, yeah, I forgot. I need to go to the grocery store."

"I didn't want to go back to sleep," I answered, opening my cabinet.

"You know, some day, you're gonna have sleep deprivation."

"I already do," I muttered, grabbing a mug and closing the cabinet door.

"Anyways, who was the guy?" My sister questioned.

"You don't need to know," I grumbled.

She snuggled up to me. "Come on~"

"Girl, get off," I shrugged her away. "He's nothing anyways. Go to the store and get some ingredients. I'll text you a list, and I'll pay you back later."

"Okay, okay," my sister surrendered with hands in the air. "When is your friend coming over?"

I sighed, shrugging. "I don't know. Probably noon?"

"Well, I'm going to the store then. Bye."

While Monica was out shopping for groceries, I was in my apartment, planning out my lessons for next week.

"I know, mama, I know. Monica is gonna turn up somehow. She'll be back before you know it," I assured my mother on the phone.

My parents still didn't know that Monica was with me, and I plan to keep it that way. They only know that she never returned back home.

"Besides, where would Monica even go? She can't obviously come up here to see me, mama. She's probably busy with work."

Oh yeah, she can.