00:07

Genesis' POV

"Again," he whispered in my ear.

I tried to ignore his close presence. Focusing on my target, I pulled the trigger.

BANG!

The bullet did not land anywhere near the red circle. I missed again like the rest of my failed attempts. With both of his hands resting on his hips, Brock sighed next to me.

I clamped my eyes shut and bit my bottom lip. I hated it. I hated the feel of the gun in my trembling hands.

This was a tool of death. My friends almost died from this. My students almost died from this. I almost died from this. My family from that haunting vision may die soon from this.

I lowered the metal weapon in defeat. Feeling his rough hands wrap around mine, I jumped. I felt heat rising to my cheeks. I turned to him with bulging eyes. He gave me a thin smile, gesturing my attention to the target. He slithered close to me despite my discomfort. He brought my shaking hands and the gun up and aimed at the target. "Focus, gorgeous."

I can't when you're this close to me.

My breathing began to pick up. I shook my head. "I can't do this," I whimpered, pulling away from him.

His hand swooped for my wrist and tugged me to him. My eyes met his stern and firm ones. "Yes, you can." He forced my body to face the target.

I exhaled and raised the gun. Eyeing the bullseye, I squeezed the trigger multiple times.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Brock smirked. "Good work, gorgeous."

I stared at the red bullseye, which was punctured by the bullets.

"Keep that up, and you get to go home." I let out a shaky breath.

Will I ever?

The doorbell rang.

"Monica! There's someone at the door!" Two young boys exclaimed at an older female.

"I'm coming!" The black-haired female rushed to the door. "Mama and baba are already back home?" She thought aloud.

Opening the door, there was no one outside. It was only pitch black.

The female sighed. "Stupid kids. They need to stop with the ding dong ditch." About to close the door, a bullet grazed her arm. She let out a scream and clutched her arm. She slammed the door, pressing her back against it. She winced and groaned as she tried to stop the bleeding from her arm.

"Monica?" One of the boys called, running to the front door. "Monica!" He screamed at the sight of his sister. "Are you-"

Multiple gunshots were fired and heard throughout the house.

My eyes shot open, staring at my surroundings for any sign of my siblings. My heart was pounding, and I couldn't control my rampant breathing. Sitting up, I gathered my legs to my chest. I was sweating profusely, and I was hot. I broke down into tears.