5: sorry

joshua's pov

every hour- eyes on the door. i'm ready to see him. it's been like eleven months or something since i've felt my heart race so hard. like 100 kmph. the nurses keep coming in and it's bothersome. they do it everyday but today is important! i get to see jeonghan. i've already seen everyone else earlier today because jeonghan told them to go without him. but now, i get to see him. i hear a knock at the door and see it slowly open.

"nurse sihyeon is here with amazing news!" she smiles. "you have a guest." i sit up look at her. she steps aside to reveal jeonghan holding some flowers.

"j-jeonghan? you finally came!" i yell. he smiles and walks closer to me with the biggest smile i've ever seen. i sit up fully and reach my arms out for a hug. he places these beautiful daffodils on the side table and hugs me. i inhale his scent, vanilla bean. just like the coffee shop. our favourite coffee shop.

"i'll let you two catch up." nurse sihyeon says as she leaves.

"i've missed you." he whispers. i pull away from his face and see joy cloud over his sadness. i feel tears pouring down my cheeks. they roll down my neck and onto my lap. a small heart forms from the teardrops. he slowly wipes my tears with his soft thumb. oh how i've missed his touch. his thumb glides over my lip. he stares at my pink, parted lips.

"one last kiss." i whisper. he looks around and slowly leans in. i feel his breath hitch. why is he so nervous? "when was the last time you kissed someone? 1967?" i snicker. he stands up and scratches his neck.

"18 november. two days before you were admitted here." he mumbles. i feel my heart swell with joy. "was i supposed to kiss anyone else?" i noticed his face flared up in red. all the way to his ears.

"no. i thought you would cause i'd be dead but you didn't so thank you. now, gimme a kiss." i pout. he checks one more time and leans in once again. our lips finally connect. the kiss is sweet. not aggressive but calm. i feel a shortness of breath. he pulls away from me and strokes my cheek.

"i missed doing that." he whispers. i feel my cheeks turn into a tomato. i miss doing that too.

"yoon jeonghan, your visit time is over." a random nurse says. no. he can't leave me again. not now nor ever.

"i must be getting my things now." jeonghan says. he steps away from me and heads to get his back.

"please! please!" i whine. he puts his backpack on and strokes my cheek again. "please don't leave." i silently sob. the hot tears drench my face. i can see the sadness in his own eyes.

"i'm sorry, jisoo." he whispers as he kisses my hand. i feel a tear of his drop on my hand and roll off. he's really leaving me?

"mr. yoon, your time is up." the random nurse says. he let's go of my hand and walks out of the room. everything goes blurry. the room soon becomes completely white. what's wrong with me right now? my head is spinning. i hear a long beep in the background and my name continuously.

"he's.... oxygen! possibly.... dying!" is all i can hear.