BONUS CHAPTER

70 years later*

James looked to his right and stared at her.
She still looked as lovely as the day he first met her.
He couldn't believe this day had finally come, he was watching the sun set and growing old with the love of his life. He had always knew that somehow in a incredible twisted way they would end up together. She watched as she smiled up at him. James looked down at their intertwined hands and her head on his chest. And boy did he listen when she went on and on about the memories they shared when no one was looking when they were young. Her hair had grown to be gray and her face was full with wrinkles he remembered when there was a time where the both of them were full of life and he would always try to get on her nerves but it never worked.

James sat at the great hall all alone at the Gryffindor table. No one was awake at that hour except for another lonely soul only a table away. James looked at her. She was beautiful, he hadn't realized it before but she was the type of beauty that is so rare. She looked up and caught him staring at her and she smiled. She stood up and walked towards him she even sat opposite him so that he would be less lonely.

"God morning" she beamed.

He couldn't understand how she could be nice to her even after he had picked on her for years.

"Morning" James mumbled back.

"How are you?" She asked.

"Why do you care?"

"Because I just do now tell me"

He sighed.

"I'm fine"

He didn't look fine to her. So she kept on pressing his buttons until finally. Finally he cracked open.

"Okay fine!"

She smirked devilishly.

"It's just that it's so hard to gain my parents attention it like they stopped caring for me the moment my little brother and sister came into the picture, so I've been trying to get the highest grades in the whole school but it's hard since you know. You are smarter than me and like I've been playing quidditch and it's fun and all but my parents rarely comes to watch me play. So now I've been trying to find trouble, pick on other students"

The boy tugged at his hair something she noticed he'd do whenever he was stressed or tired.

"Maybe you should stop trying to gain their attention I think you should just start doing what you want to do and stop worrying about what they want you to do, live your life James" Athena smiled kindly at him.

They talked until more students started to fill the hall but they still talked until they heard the doors to the great hall open and his friends came in.

"What do you want loony?" He Said very loudly.

She understood that once his friends came his walls sealed again.

"It was nice talking to you James" even tough James was rude to her she still acted nicely.

He furrowed his eyebrows and scratched his head while watching her grab an apple and walk out the doors but before she walked out she looked back and gave him a smile. One that he would memorize in his head. Oh how he just wanted to rewind that precious moment with her.

Then it hit him.

Athena Scamander really was something special and he was a fool not to realize it sooner and he was still a fool to not chase after her.

He was the fool who fell in love with the girl and only watched her from afar and hating her for making him fall in love instead of chasing after her.

The real end.