The Adventures of Dating an Ace Detective (Goro Akechi)

"Do you ever look at the stars, and wonder what's beyond them? Or, what is it like to touch one?" Akira looked at Akechi as he spoke. The two were at the planetarium, on their very first date. "Well, touching a star would surely burn our hand off completely, but then at least you got to say you touched a star, yeah?"

Akira grinned, "I would rather say I touched the sun."

That seemed to peek Akechi's interest, breaking his intense stare at the stars, looking over at Akira. "But, you would surely die. Be incinerated to be precise." He chuckled, "You are a strange one Akira, but that's what I like about you."

They both turned their attention back to the show, seeing a shooting star fly across. Akechi gasped, "Did you se that! Astonishing." He grinned, "I wonder if making a wish on a shooting star actually works. What do you think?"

Akira shrugged, thinking of if he should make a wish or not. Akechi shook his head, "As expected from you, well I'm going to test it and make a wish right now."

The two fell silent as Akechi closed his eyes and made a wish, when suddenly a thought occurred to Akira. "You do know.. It's not a real shooting star." Akechi's eyes opened immediately as a smile plastered across his face. "You think I didn't know that? I just wanted to make the wish."

Once the show was over, the two left the building and began their trip back to the train station, keeping their hands to themselves as they walked in silence. Akechi's eyes wandered, thinking of something to say to break the deafening silence. He looked over at Akira who was fixing his glasses, then made eye contact with Akechi. "You know, you sure are quiet." Akechi noted, earning a soft grin from Akira. "Have you always been like this?" Akira nodded his head, earning a sigh from Akechi as he failed to get a verbal response.

Akira suddenly stopped in his tracks, looking up at Akechi, "What was your wish?" The sudden question threw Akechi off, making him laugh before walking up to Akira.

"Now why would I tell you my wish? Wouldn't that only ensure it doesn't come true?" He smirked at him, examining him to see how he would react. Akira simply stared at him, waiting for him to do something. It was silent between them, until finally Akechi chuckled, "This date has been nothing but me asking you questions and you answering them in rather interesting ways. Why don't we go get something to eat and have a normal conversation?"

Akira shook his head, "Let's go see a movie, there should be a movie theater at the first stop."

Akechi nodded his head, "Very well, let's."

Akechi stuck his hand out to Akira, who took his hand out of his pocket and intertwined their fingers. They walked in silence to the train station, and remained silent throughout the entire ride to their stop. They stole glances at each other from time to time, waiting for the other to notice. It was like a game they were playing, nobody noticed so it was a game they played in silence.

Once they got off, Akira put his arm around Akechi, keeping him close in the crowded station as they walked to the movie theater. They bought tickets for a horror film, stopped to greet some fans of Akechi's, then stopped to get some snacks.

"Hm, I'm thinking popcorn and a chocolate bar, what do you want?" Akechi smiled as he grabbed the candy bar of choice, and Akira turned to the cashier. "I'll have a water please."

"A water? Nothing to snack on?" Akechi seemed confused, raising an eyebrow at the frizzy hair boy. Akira paid for both his and Akechi's snacks, then led the way to the theater they were seated in. Akechi began to eat his snacks immediately, keeping his eyes focused on the trailers.

Once the movie started and the lights dimmed, the two found each other leaning closer to one another, watching the movie intently. The jump scares didn't seem to affect either of them on surface, however Akechi began to grip Akira's hand rather tightly once they reached the middle. Akira slipped his hand out of Akechi's grip, then wrapping his arm around him in hopes of helping him relax.

A smile crossed Akechi's face, letting his guard down a bit. As soon as he did, there was a loud scream on the tv causing Akechi's legs to jerk upwards, the popcorn flying onto him, the floor and Akira.

"Oh, my apologies." He whispered as he dusted it off Akira's lap. Once Akechi realized what he was doing, he froze and looked up at Akira's face which was an intense red as he tried to keep a straight face as he watched the movie.

Akechi stopped, allowing Akira to wipe himself down instead. He pushed his glasses up his face, clearing his throat as he shuffled in his seat uncomfortably.

Once the movie ended, the two walked out with smiles on their faces. "To think the killer would have been someone so close to him! It truly astonishes me that people could be so cold hearted, what do you think, it seems many people are under the influence that someone close to them wouldn't do that but is it really that far fetched of an idea?"

Akira shook his head, "Anybody could be a killer. Even you."

Akechi's eyes grew wide, "Huh?" His face morphed into a bright smile, "Oh very funny. You always hit me with unexpected answers."

Akechi grabbed onto Akira's arm, "Now then, let's make haste home. I had a wonderful time tonight but the subways will be closing soon."

Akira smiled down at Akechi, nodding before the two began walking. "Next time, let's get ramen." Akira spoke softly, Akechi nodding his head in agreement.

"That'd be wonderful."

They walked through the front doors of the theater, Akira leaning over and kissing the top of Akechi's head.

There's no doubt about it, this date was successful in both of their books.