A News Broadcast

Sonic's pov

"Tails, this better work. Cause I swear to chaos if this doesn't work, I will never talk to you again." Tails makes a dramatic sigh over the phone as if I'm overeating! I'm not! I'm literally freaking out right now!!! "Sonic, if this doesn't work that maybe Shadow just isn't ready to forgive you. Maybe he just needs a little-"

"Sonic!" I turn around and the director from "The Daily Gossip" has come out once again to tell me it's my queue to get on stage.

"I know, I know, just give me a freaking minute!" She vigorously taps on her watch and then curses like a sailor once she saw I wasn't getting the hint. "Tails! Forget all the chit-chat! Is Rouge with Shadow?!" "Yes." "Rouge is making Shadow watch correct?" "Yes, she says that he is watching." "Alright Tails, I have to go." "Good luck Sonic."

I hang up. It's time to make things right. I walk out on stage, flashing my signature smile and classic thumbs up. The cheering of the audience is so loud I can't hear the hostess greeting me. She takes me to a comfy recliner and we both take a seat. Not too far from us is the camera.

"Heeelllllllooo Mobius! How we feelin' tonight!" The hostess stands up momentary to rile up her audience. "We are on air with the handsomest , the hottest, and let's not forget the fastest, thing alive!!" The crowd cheers and the host takes a seat.

"So. Sonic hedgehog. I just about spilled my coffee all over myself when I heard that you applied to be in this show yourself. So tell me, why the change of heart. Myyyyy understanding was that you absolutely hate the media am I wrong?"

"No, no, your one-hundred percent correct," I quip "Buuut," I mimic her on purpose, but then lean over slightly and whisper like I have a secret. 

"I have something very important to say."

Shadow's pov

I seriously can't believe Rouge is making me watch this garbage. Why did I agree? Maybe it's because I wanted to see Sonic make an ass of himself on national television. Or maybe I was curious of why Sonic was on "The Daily Gossip" in the first place. I lean back on the couch half heartily paying attention to what's being said. It's been a lousy couple of days. I mostly just sleep and go out to buy food.

"I have something very important to say" Sonic whispers. Yeah right.  God he's a freaking idiot and yet I can't help but chuckle at his stupidity. I look over at Rouge who for whatever reason is being very quiet. It makes me want to ask if everything is alright but I get distracted by the hostess.

"Ohh, well then big blue, give me the gossip.."She whispers back.

I take another glance at Rouge who is now fidgeting with her top. I raise a brow, not that she notices, and I take a sip of my water.

"I'm in love." 

Suddenly, Rouge jumps up and squeals, then starts jumping up in down. This surprising action makes me choke on my water. "What the hell!" I shout. I look at the t.v again to see what the big deal is. Did I miss something?

The audience makes a dramatic gasp and so does the hostess. "My ohh my!" The hostess squeals, "Who's the lucky gal?!"

My heart drops. He's already found another person and it hasn't been a week. Screw you Sonic. I should have known. Ever since I saw him at the bar I should've known he was no good.I shouldn't have let him help me. I shouldn't have let him kiss me. I shouldn't have gotten drunk. I can't take it. Watching him be all happy makes me depressed, knowing that I never really mattered to him anyways. I get up to leave but Rouge gives me the dirtiest look on the planet and yanks me back to sit on the couch. I glare at her, but decided to stay putt, but I'm not going to pay attention anymore.