Chapter 4: The pie party

Chara's pov:

I opened the door and walked in, closing it behind me.

Inside was full of people, and it was very crowded.

I saw Undyne was talking to Alphys over at the food table, and each one of them had a cup of punch in their hands. Undyne saw me and walked over to me.

"Hey punk! How's it going?" she said, giving me a slap across the back.
"Fine, thank you." I said with a smile, rubbing my back from the pain.

Alphys then walked over to us and greeted me too.

"Hello C-Chara." She said, stuttering a bit.

"Hi Alphys, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good, t-thank you." she answered.

"By the way, have you guys seen Asriel?" I asked them.

"Oh, yeah, he's over there on the couch talking to your father." Undyne said, pointing to the other side of the room.

"Thanks." I said walking over to where the couch was.

As I walked, I saw other people were there, for example Papyrus was in the kitchen talking to Mettaton and Napstablook.

Monster kid was next to Asriel and dad on the couch.

I walked over and greeted them.

"Hi dad, hi Mk, hi Azzy." I said. Azzy was the nickname I gave Asriel, and I just simply called Monster kid Mk.

"Hey Chara!" Mk said in his usual cheerful voice.

"Hello Chara." dad said with a smile.

"Took you long enough!" Asriel said, getting up to give me a hug. He didn't seem mad at all though, just really happy.

"Haha, well I'm here now." I said returning the hug.

"Hey, Chara, come with me! I've got a surprise for you!" Asriel said, taking my hand.

"Hmm, I wonder what it could be." I said, letting him lead me by the hand.

He guided me to the back door and opened it, stepping outside.

I followed him outside, where there was a little garden that belonged to mom and dad.

From that garden, Asriel took out a single potted flower and handed it to me.

"What's this?" I asked confused, taking the it in my hands.

"It's your present!" he responded cheerfully. "I was going to give it to you tomorrow, but I just couldn't wait, so consider it a birthday present in advance." he said with a smile.
I looked at the flower in amazement. It was so beautiful, it took my breath away.

"Thank you, but what kind of flowers is it?" I asked.

"Well, that's the thing, I'm not sure. This flower was part of one of Alphys' experiments where she combined a whole bunch of flowers, and who knows what else. Apparently, the experiment failed, so she was going to throw it away, but I insisted she gave it to me."

"That sounds interesting." I said looking at its shape and color (Btw, I'm not going to describe the flower because I'm going to make a drawing of it, but not in this chapter).

"You know what, I'm going to show mom." I told Asriel as I walked back to the house.

I went back inside with the flower in my hands and started to look for Toriel.

I looked in the living room. Not there.
I looked in the kitchen. Not there either.

I looked upstairs. Not even close.