2. Playful Magician

1018 Words excluding (A/N)~ Yay the second chappy is here~ I don't own Magic Kaito~

!!!!!!!
If you are reading this outside of WATTPAD,
FanFiction.Net.net or Archive of Our Own... You are reading plagiarized content. If you are reading on Truyenfun.com, that site is a mirror site of WATTPAD and may give you viruses and MALWARE

Note: WATTPAD has most up to date version of this story

Insomnia present.... Well technically it IS Thursday so...

NEXT UPDATE: July 11 2019

"If you hurt Aoko, you will regret it for the rest of your miserable existence..." Kaito growled at Saguru, who in turn suppressed a shiver. The normally easygoing magician's malicious intent was truly terrifying when faced with directly, Kaito's moonlight persona may have a rule against harming others, however mentally scarring people was not something the trickster was adverse to.

The blond swallowed before nodding. "Of course, I will do my best to care for Aoko-Chan" Saguru replied, he did not want to be a true target of the magician's rage. He'd seen what a happy Kaito was capable of, he did not want to see what would happen if he were to truly become enraged.

'I'm not sure my sanity would survive Kuroba's full wrath...'

Blue eyes narrowed as Aoko smacked the brunette on the head. "Aoko told you to behave! Stop trying to scare Saguru away!" She yelled, glaring at the now cowering magician.

'And to think that a woman's ire is all that is needed to take down the great Kaitou Kid...'

"I wasn't scaring Hakubastard!" Kaito whined from his crouching position on the ground, left hand nursing his new head injury. "I was doing my job as your honorary brother! I'm supposed to threaten the creeps who are after your fair-ack!" His words were cut off by another smack.

"Bakaito!" Saguru took a few steps back, not wanting to be within hitting range. Knowing Kaito, the magician would do his best to redirect one of Aoko's attacks towards him. "Saguru is anything but a creep" She huffed, brandishing a mop that had suddenly come out of nowhere. "He" A swing "Is" Dodge "One of the" A swipe skimmed the magician "Most gentlemanly guy" The magician back flipped over Saguru "Aoko has ever met!" Kaito grinned from his place behind the blushing blond, Aoko blinked, realising that the was pointing the mop at her date. "Aoko is so sorry Saguru" The girl gasped, her face red with embarrassment as she dropped the mop.

'At least she could defend herself if anything happens...'

"It is fine Aoko-Chan" Saguru gave a soft smile as he took her hand and kissed it, golden eyes looked up into blue. "It is one of your most endearing traits" He added, causing his girlfriend to blush. The blond ignored the gagging sound coming from behind him.

'You've long overstayed your welcome Kuroba...'

"Eww! Aoko's getting snobby detective germs!" The magician blanched before disappearing in a puff of blue smoke.

"So he's using blue smoke today..." Saguru noted as the smoke quickly dissipated, Aoko gave a small laugh.

"If he could, he'd probably use rainbow smoke bombs for everything except heists" At the blond's inquiring look, Aoko explained. "He uses only pink for heists just to make my dad angry, and Kaito once told me that when he managed to make rainbow smoke-" A small giggle escaped her lips as she continued. "The chemicals that made the rainbow smoke apparently made him really high"

'Dear god, Kuroba is already insane enough when he's not under the influence...'

Saguru paled as he suppressed a shiver. "I am now eternally grateful that Kuroba is smart enough not to use the rainbow smoke, no matter how appealing the colour scheme was to him" Aoko smiled and latched onto his arm as they headed towards the amusement park.

*

The magician watched the two teens from his perch in a maple tree, Aoko was smiling all happy while Saguru had a flustered look.

'Hmmm... What should I do to annoy Hakuba, but not get Aoko angry with me...Ah, I know!'

Kaito raised his left hand, letting out a whistle inaudible to human ears, with a happy coo, one of his more pigeon coloured doves landed in the palm of his hand. Aoko didn't know about any of his non-white doves, which made them perfect for discreet pranks. The one currently in his hand was named Gray.

'And to think I was upset when that male got into their living area... Truly a blessing in disguise'

He clicked his tongue a few times before sending her off, the magician watched in anticipation as Gray began to dive bomb the blond.

"Bloody hell?!?!?" Kaito silently cackled as Saguru tried to run away from the assault, he wasn't worried about Gray. Saguru was a bastard, but he was a bastard who liked birds.

*

"I swear! That was one of Kuroba's birds, I know it was..." Saguru panted from their hiding place in a photo booth.

Aoko snickered at her boyfriend's flustered face. "No, Aoko doesn't think so, Kaito only has pure white doves for his magic tricks. Aoko has never seen him with a grey dove"

'That sneaky little! I will get back at him'

"Aoko-Chan, that's what he wants you to think. Kuroba isn't the sort of person to toss away an animal just because it isn't the right colour" An annoyed scowl on his face "I swear that he somehow ended up with grey doves and kept them a secret just so that he could get away with messing with people" Saguru replied with a huff.

Blue eyes blinked, understanding dawning on her face. "That is something Bakaito would do..." Her gaze darkened as she continued. "I guess Bakaito is eating fish for all of next week" The blond smirked, aware of the magician's phobia. If Kaito was desperate, he could get his own food.

*

'The moon is out, I guess I should check the Mermaid's Heart for Pandora'

The magician stood by his bedroom window, extending the gem outwards to allow t to bathe in the moonlight. A sharp gasp escaped his lips when a blinding blue light emitted from the gem, blinding him. All feeling in his legs was suddenly lost as he felt himself face plant onto the floor. "Wha-" His voice was cut off when a searing pain struck his lungs, he couldn't breathe. Vision blurring, attempt after attempt he tried to take in air, only for the searing pain to worsen as his lungs refused to accept it.

'Am I dying?'

Me: That's zee end of the chappy~ hope you enjoyed, it was really fun to write~ I like how despite the fact that Kaito and Hakuba dislike each other, they still have a grudging trust between them~