Chapter 3

Ambers P.O.V

"Where were you guys? I never thought you would make it back!" Dylan yelled.

"I'm super sorry Dylan. I think we all are." Tyler says. He looks Dylan in the eyes and ping jealousy hits. But why? I wonder.

"I bet you are." Dylan huffs and walks away.

"Amber!" Brody says running my way.

Tyler's P.O.V (Yes. I did it. (; )

"Amber!" I hear Brody says. He then runs over to Amber and I roll my eyes. Boom I feel jealousy brewing in my stomach.

"Where have you been bra! I was going to call the cops. It was those valley kids right? They did it." He says glaring at me.

Amber looks around her and says "I think it was mostly their fault. But I did a little of it too." Damn. I thought she was a nice changed person. Not a snob. But still, I feel that jealousy brewing in my stomach.

"Uh, I think you car is here Amber." I say.

"Thanks... was it Tyler?" She says walking away laughing with Brody.

Gina comes up to me, puts her hand on my shoulder and says "Hey, girls like that you don't want to be around."

"Yeah, I guess so." I say.

Ambers P.O.V

I feel really bad, I was a jerk to Tyler to impress Brody. I know, it's Brody but I need status here. When I left I looked back and I saw Tyler.... he looked sad. Shoot. That's on me.

"Welcome home." Steve says as we pull up.

"Thanks." I say glumly.

"What's wrong?" He asks. Steve has been my driver for as long as I can remember. He's like family.

"I was kinda mean today." I say.

"It what way?" He says.

"Well there's this boy-" I start but he interrupts.

"Isn't there always." He sighs.

"No, not in that way Steve! Never mind. It's almost dinner time anyway." I say. Walking towards my house.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Hey mom, hey dad." I say walking into my house.

"Hey honey! How was your day?" My mom asks.

"It was good thanks." I say giving her a hug.

"I just got unexpected news. I have to fly to New York because you're uncle Clint is in the hospital." She says sadly.

"Is he going to be okay?" I ask handing her the last of He luggage.

"Have fun!" She says running out the door.

"Great." I say under my breath.

"Hey dad." I say.

"I'm going to need to put you on hold for a second." He says into his iPhone 11.

"How was your day? Great sorry." He says to me giving me no time to talk.

"Awesome." I huff walking out of the room.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Dinner!" I hear my dad yell.

"What's for dinner?" I ask him.

"Gourmet pizza." He says. I roll my eyes. Why can't we just have normal pizza? Like dominos?

"Great." I say.

"So, how was your day? I didn't really get an answer an hour ago." He says.

"I. Want. To. Quit." I say.

"Oh god." He says.

"Why is this my punishment? I'd rather pick up trash!" I say.

"You're lucky! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! A Lot of kids your age dream of this, while you just sit here being spoiled! You get these chances and you just say 'Whatever'. I'm going on a business trip tonight and i'll get back when you start school. When I get back I hope you are a changed person." He says.

"Where will I stay? Are you just going to leave me here to starve?" I say.

"I've done some thinking and i think it would be best if you stayed with your cousin vooch and aunt carol." he says.

"No way! That's the best thing you've said all night! Thanks dad!" I say getting up from the table and giving him a hug.

"You're welcome sweetie." He says.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Vooch! Aunt Carol!" I say running to them.

"Hey sweetie." She says ruffling my hair.

"I can't believe I get to stay with you this summer!" I say.

"I'll even drive you to junior rescue." he says.

"Junior rescue." I whine. "Dad, I thought vooches meant no rescueeeee." I whine some more.

"Junior rescue is the main reason picked vooches." he says.

"Whatever." I say rolling my eyes