Chapter 1

Ambers P.O.V

"How did you manage to mess this up?!" My dad says.

"Mess this up? I mean that's not what I would call it." I say.

"Amber Lynn Hunter! You know what you did! I will not tolerate this any longer!" He yells.

"Why do you pretend to care? You're never here anyway. All you care about is money. You bribe. That is not something I want to be." I yell back.

"If it weren't for me you would have had to repeat the grade! This is ending now. When I was a little bit older than you, I went to this awesome camp, where you would train to be a junior rescue. And if you pass the rest of the summer, you would be able to help the lifeguards. It put me in place." My father says shaking his head.

"Whatever." I say.

"It started a day ago, but I think I can get you in. You better start packing you're going tomorrow." He says.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Go bribe."I say. I then walk into my huge room and slam the door.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Were here." My driver says.

"Great thanks Steve." I say to my driver.

"Good luck." He says.

"Thanks. See you at 5." I say. I then get out of the car only to be greeted by a man who looks like a surfer.

"Welcome! You must be Mrs Amber!" Someone says.

"Don't try to flatter me." I say.

"Sorry. My name is Garvin. I'm the head of junior rescue." The man sighs.

"Great." I say.

"Um, Brody! Come over here. This is Amber Hunter." He says emphasizing my last name.

"Oh cool. Hey, I'm Brody." He says.

"Yeah. I know." I say.

"Come on let me introduce you to the rest of the junior rescue trainees." Brody says. He then takes me to the beach and says "Shark barfs! Get over here. So today my bros we have a new person joining camp here. I would love to have put her with us dogfish," he starts. He then starts barking like a dog. And the rest of his team follows."But Garvin insisted that I stick her with the flounders. NOW GET OFF MY BEACH!" He says into his megaphone.

"Here's your flounder shirt and good luck bro. They are from the valley..." He says to me.

"Eww. What are valley rats doing here?" I ask.

"That's what I asked Garvin. We are really getting along bro." He says.

"Don't take it to far Cody." I say.

"It's Brody..." he say.

"Same diff." I say.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

*5 minutes earlier at the flounders*

"Who just pulled up in a limo?" Tyler says.

"Oh. My. God." Eric says.

"What? Is someone choking I call doing the heimlich!" Lizzy says.

"No, It's better-" Eric starts.

"What could be better than someone choking?" Lizzy says. Everyone turns their attention to Lizzy. Lizzie chuckles uncomfortably.

"Uh- well, her name is Amber Hunter. Her father is one of the wealthiest people in all of LA." Eric says. Just then Dylan pulls up on her scooter and almost knocks over the trash can. Tyler then quickly grabs the can so it doesn't fall over.

"Thanks." Dylan says.

"No Problem. Don't wanna waste any time picking up trash.We've gotta makeup for yesterday. Only a week and a half until that big lifeguardy testy thingy." Tyler says.

"That's unexpected. Appreciated, just unexpected." Dylan says unclipping her helmet strap.

"Shark barfs! Get over here!" They suddenly hear Brody say.

*Back to present*

Ambers P.O.V

"Welcome to the flounders!" A blonde lady says.

"Thanks. I'm-" I start. But this happy kid butts in.

"You're Amber Hunter! Hi, I'm Eric Mitchell!" He says taking my hand and shaking it like a million times.

"Uh, yeah. I am. I heard you guys are from the valley..." I say. Taking my hand out of his grip, and wiping it off on my Louis Vuitton swimsuit.

"Do you have a problem with that?" The Burnett says.

"Not yet." I say sizing her up.

"I'm Dylan!" The blonde lady says. "I'm your pod leader."

"Great." I say.

"This is Lizzy, Tyler and Gina." Dylan says.

"Hey." Tyler says.

"Let's start with a three mile run." Dylan says.

"Three mile runnnnnn." Tyler whines.

"Tyler!" The team says.

"Three mile run! Let's do it!" Tyler says.

We start to run. In the beginning I'm in the back, but at mile two I'm racing with that Nina girl or was it Mina? Whatever. So we race and race. At the last lap, I trip and fall on my face. The girl looks and laughs. When she does she trips and falls on her face. I then spit sand out of my mouth. Cody must see me fall, because he runs over and helps me up.

"Are you ok bro?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm good thanks." I say wiping myself off.

"Yeah. It's those valley rats. There up to no good." He says.

"Uh,huh. Thanks again Cody." I say.

"It's Brody man. B-R-O-D-Y." He says under his breath as he walks away.

"Ok guys next activity." Dylan sighs. "So there are 2 kayaks. One person sits and the other one pulls." She says.

"Sweet." Tyler says.

"I volunteer to sit out." Lizzy says.

"Awesome. Let's get started." Dylan says.

"Gina! Your with Eric." Dylan says when Eric was about to be with Tyler.

"Fine. But I need to pull." Gina says.

"Amber, you're with Tyler. I hope that's ok." Dylan says.

"Whatever." I say.

"Do you want to pull?" The boy asks me.

"Yes." I say.

"Ok." He says. He then sits down in the kayak.

"Three, Two, One.... go!" She says then blows the whistle. While the boys fake paddle the boat me and Gina pull.

"Try to catch up." I say passing Gina.

"Oh, don't you worry!" She huffs.

We continue pulling and pulling and pulling.

"Come back!" We hear Dylan say like 5 times. After a while Tyler speaks up.

"Turn around! What are you doing?!" He says.

"Beating her. What does it look like?" I say.

"Not for long!" Gina yells from a foot back.

"You said that back in Santa Monica!" I yell. Me and Gina stop dead in our tracks.

"Crap." I say.