Teddy Lupin // Courage

3rd PERSON P.O.V

The winds blew with a slight gust and Y/N's hair went with the flow, too, as she laughed, a bright tinkling one, at the goofy turquoise-haired boy. Teddy set his glass down and watched her with a soft smile playing his lips. Her face, her laugh, and just talking to her made him feel so lucky to have a girl like her in his life.

"And what was his reaction?" Y/N asked, in between small laughs.

"It was priceless, I tell you. Merlin, I've never seen him so surprised ever before in my life." Teddy told her and she shook her head in amusement and took a sip of the coffee. The sun was just a few hours from dipping into the horizon, and the light rays of sunlight fell on her face as Teddy looked at her, Y/N's eyes sparkling with humour. Teddy took her hand. She leans forward on the table and looks back at him, a smile dancing on her lips.

Gosh, I love her, Teddy thinks to himself.

"I'm so lucky to have you." Teddy said genuinely and rubs his thumb on the back of her hand.

"Likewise." She smiled brightly and then her expression turns slightly worried, "Where is this coming from, Ted? Is everything alright?"

"What, I can't appreciate my girlfriend now?" Teddy smirked as Y/N rolled her eyes, "Appreciate, compliment me how much you want. I'm not complaining." She leaned forward and placed a chaste kiss on Teddy's lips. The boy smiled and laced his hands with hers and deepened the kiss.

Her insides felt like they would melt as he laced his hands with hers and she smiled against his mouth. The two of them pulled away, Teddy with a bright smile on his face.

"Come on, we'd better get going. We're suppose to be home by seven." Y/N stood up as Teddy placed the Muggle money on the table.

"Stop saying it like that's my curfew! I'm twenty for Helga's sake!" Teddy exasperated as the two of them began walking to the nearest Apparation point away from prying eyes.

"Curfew, no. You have a function to attend. Your grandmother wants you home by 7. Twenty, yes. You're basically a man child." Y/N shrugged and then a high-pitch squeal as Ted lifted her off her feet.

"TED!" She half-laughed and yelled as the boy slid his arms under her legs and back.

"I am not a man child!" Teddy carried her as she flailed her arms around, "Also, you might want to stop that or else you'll fall outta my arms."

"Alright, alright! I take it back! Put me down, Lupin!!" She laughed as Ted kissed her cheek and put her down. They reached the stranded  alley and grabbed each other's hands as they disapparated off to Teddy's home. Teddy opened the door of his house as Y/N stepped in, dusting her boots on the mat outside.

"I see you two are home. Go on, get dressed quickly. The wedding will start in another hour." Andromeda walked into the room as Y/N gave her a quick hug and Teddy kissed her cheek.

"I'll be ready in a jiffy. I don't know about this beauty." Teddy mocked his girlfriend as he hung his coat on the hanger. Y/N placed her hands on her hips, with a challenging look on her face, "This time, I'll be ready quicker than you will."

"Bring it on, princess." He smirked as he watched his girl run up ghe stairs to the spare room that she had been sleeping in for the past two days and heard it click.

"You love her." Andromeda observed, as she ruffled his hair and made her way on the couch.

"Yeah, I do." He said, dazed and tore his eyes away from the stairs and sat next to his gradmother.

"Did you tell her that?" Andromeda raised her eyebrow at her lovesick grandson.

"I-no. I'm much of a coward to tell her. And besides, I don't know if she loves me, and I don't want to look like a fool and ruin us." Teddy sighed and laid his head back, looking at the ceiling.

"Are you demented? A Flobberworm's will be smarter than you. She loves you. I can see it." Andromeda exasperated, "Here's a thing, why don't you tell her tonight? At the wedding?"

"TONIGHT?" Teddy's eyes widened.

"Yes. Tonight."His grandmother said firmly.

****************

"Did I tell you that this blue dress looks amazing on you?" It makes me fall in love with you even deeper, Teddy added.

"Only 4 times, yet." Y/N wrapped ger arms around his neck as the two of them, along with a few other couples, swayed with soft music playing in the background. Teddy lowered his eyes to Y/N. She was looking at him with a sparkle in his eyes.

They looked into each other's eyes and Teddy reached out to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

Say it. Just say it.

"What's wrong, Ted? You've been acting like this since weeks. Talk to me." Y/N eyebrows scrunch in worry on seeing the expression on Ted's face.

Teddy took a deep breath in, "Y/N, I- You mean the world to me. And I'm so, so lucky to have you in my life. You make me feel special and, and every moment that I spend with you makes me feel like I'm in heaven. Every moment that we spend together makes me think what I ever did to deserve an angel like you. And, I never ever want to lose you. You make my life better by just being there."

Y/N's eyes were swimming in tears and Teddy gripped her waist a little tighter, "I love you, Y/N Y/L/N. I love you so much."

Y/N let out a small laugh. A relief laugh as the tears rolled down hee cheeks, "I love you, too, Teddy Lupin. So much. Merlin, you had me there." She dabs her eyes lightly and her cheeks with a handkerchief.

Teddy closed his eyes and rested his hand in her cheeks and his forhead on hers, "Your mine. Forever."

Y/N's eyes fluttered close as she placed her hands over his, muttering, "And always."