Sirius Black // Unspoken Words

this was such an impulsive post lol

this was such an impulsive post lol. idk where i got the sudden motivation to write this but, here goes nothing. i haven't proof-read this so there's gonna be alot of mistakes.

***

Thunder crashed and lightning lit up the grounds as she made her way to the Astronomy Tower. The weather had been off since last night; nonstop showers and the thunder making everyone jump and the most violent of breezes. The rains hit her skin harshly, "Bloody hell!" She wiped her face, finally reaching the shelter of the tower. Her entire body was completely drenched and she shivered slightly. She pat down her robes and cursed; she forgot her wand at the Common Room. Sighing in defeat, she walked up the stairs, feeling heavy with the water and upon hearing shuffling noises from the top she started to run, breathing a sign of relief.

Sirius Black was one of her closest friends, who also happened to be her twin brother's best mate. They met in the 1st year and they hit off almost instantly.  While that was there, they had their personal lives, too. Sirius had had problems in his Pure Blood elitist family and as much as he didn't want to show his sadness about it, she always managed to see through it. He had told her about it once, but that was the last time they spoke on that matter. She never confronted him about it, though, scared to make assumptions about his feelings.

Sirius and her planned to meet up a while after dinner in the Common Room to help each other finish their essays, just as they always did for the past 6 years. He didn't show up, which was a first because he either would've told her prior or write a note. Today, there was nothing. She didn't think much about it, but when she had asked James about his whereabouts, his face grimaced and saddened and her heart sunk. Leaving the common room abruptly before he could say anything, she had went out to the grounds knowing exactly where he would be. Her mind was racing, He was fine at dinner, what could've happened?

Finally reaching at the top of the tower, she burst through the door and saw a black dog facing her in a threatening posture. When it was registered that it was just her and not Filch, the puppy wagged his tail. She let out a half laugh and a half sigh of relief, "Merlin's beard, Pads." She ruffled the top of his head and went to the window, allowing him to transform.

"You're drenched."

"And you're an idiot." She retorted, folding her arms, feeling lighter. Sirius had cast a spell to make her dry.

"I am not the one who ran through the storm." He said, amused. She felt his presence behind her and she felt warm.

She glanced at him and told him, "Sirius, I was worried. I just wanted to make sure you were alright. You seemed fine at dinner and then James said-"

"James is dramatic as always, love, don't you know him, you both are actual twins," Sirius said, chuckling lightly. Her stomach fluttered at the use of her nickname that he had reserved for her, only.

She turned to face him, and looked into his eyes and said in all seriousness, "You know you can talk to me, right? About anything?"

His gaze softened and he smiled at her, with a tinge of sadness in his eyes, "I know, love."

"Okay," She nodded, gently, "Do you wanna talk about it?"

He came closer and gently pried her arms from the folding position and took her hands in his, "It wasn't anything important -"

She sighed, "Sirius, please, it's not un-important at all," She paused, afraid, and tentatively she asked, "Is it about your family?"

Sirius looks away for a moment and watches the rain behind her. She regretted asking the question, and turned away following his gaze. He let his arm wrap around her shoulder as he rested his head against hers. He closed his eyes, taking in her scent. She watched the rain and the breeze making the trees sway. The lights at the Quidditch stadium were off, and the lightning occasionally illuminating the grounds, making it a sight to behold.

"I want to leave Grimmauld Palace."

She closed her eyes hummed, "Come live with me, then."

He opened his eyes and barked a laugh, pulling her closer to him, "You don't mean that, love."

She opened her eyes and looked at him, "I would never joke about wanting to live with you."

"James offered, too, but I'm still unsure. You Potters really do want me as a roommate, heh?" Sirius chuckled, twirling a loose piece of her hair between his fingers.

"Who wouldn't?" She smiled, "You can live with us forever, for all I care. My parents love you."

Thunder crashed, making both of them flinch closer, if that was humanely possible.

"For a year, then I have to get on my own feet, can't have to rely on the Potters forever." He said, dropping his hand from twirling her hair, resting it on her waist.

She turned to face him, wrapping her arms around his neck, playing with the hair at the base of his head. He bent down and rest his forehead against hers, his fingers holding onto her waist for dear life, grounding him.

"You can always rely on me, Black." She whispered, watching his eyes close softly.

His lips gently quivered, "I know, love." And he pulled her into a hug.

They stayed in silence till she gently rapped her nails against his back, "Sirius, we should get going."

He hummed, and she suspected he was feeling drowsy, "I'm very grateful for you. I don't think I would be sane without you." He pulled away, linking her hand with his.

She scoffed, ignoring the butterflies erupting in her stomach, "Such a sap." Sirius winked at her and opened the door and the two of them made it downstairs.

"I mean it, love." Sirius said, "I really do, more than you'd ever know."

She rolled her eyes at him playfully, unsure of how to respond. Words of affirmations was clearly NOT her love language; she hoped that her actions and her loyalty to him would prove enough for him to know how she really felt.

Sirius, thoroughly smitten with her, looked at her face and hoped that she knew how much he loved her by his constant assurance of words.

"We need to make a run back to the dorm without Filch catching us." Her voice cut through his thoughts.

He smirked and pulled out a long piece of cloth; it shimmered, camouflaging against the dark courtyard. He wrapped it around the two of them and they walked in silence, enjoying each other's company.