Chapter 1

A ginger and white she-cat crept forward slowly. A strong familiar scent wafted towards her. A small brown mouse scurried into view. She bunched her muscles and leaped  forward in a graceful movement. The mouse lay dead under paws as she gave it a swift and painless bite to the neck.

    Suddenly, a gray tabby tom padded up to her from nearby bushes. "Nice catch!" he meowed. The young she-cat purred, "Thank you Stormcloud." The tom, Stormcloud, gave her a curt nod. The she-cat quickly picked her mouse up as he led the way back to camp.

    When they arrived cats were everywhere. The she-cat knew every cat she saw. All of these cats were her clanmates.

    A small blue-ish gray kit stumbled up to her. "Did you catch that?" the kit mewed. The she-cat nodded and set her mouse on top of the fresh-kill pile. The kit scrambled over to a white queen with black spots. "Did you see the big mouse Gingerpaw caught Snowdrop?" the kit meowed excitedly.

    The queen, Snowdrop, nodded, "Yes I did, but now its time for a nap." The kit grumbled but obediently followed her mother into the nursery. The ginger and white she-cat, Gingerpaw, turned to see a ginger she-cat standing beside her.

    Gingerpaw looked up at the newcomer. "What's up Flameheart," she meowed. The ginger she-cat, Flameheart, rolled her eyes. "Don't ask what's up to your mother," she growled. Gingerpaw laughed, "Okay Flameheart."

    Flameheart shoved Gingerpaw lightly, "So when are you becoming a warrior?" Gingerpaw shrugged, "I took my assessment yesterday and I passed it but I don't know when Branchstar is going to make me a warrior." Flameheart licked her ear, "I'm sure it will be soon."

    Gingerpaw hoped so. She had trained hard to be the best warrior in Sunclan. But she had some difficulty in doing so. He original mentor, Snowdrop, had kits so her mate, Stormcloud, had to take over as Gingerpaw's mentor.

    Even though she had a few switching between mentors she still learned everything she needed to know. She was ready to become a warrior of Sunclan.