viii. Dance the Night Away

Chapter EightDance the Night Away

Chapter Eight
Dance the Night Away

★★★★

Steve sighed in relief as the group of men reentered their camp. He, Diana and Bucky led the men in, as a crowd of soldiers stood at the entrance and welcomed them. Most men held weapons they had picked up from Hydra soldiers, while others accompanied the tanks they had taken from the camp.

Eventually, Steve, Diana and Bucky led them towards the middle of the camp where Colonel Phillips and Peggy met them. Steve saluted the Colonel and said, "Some of these men need medical attention."

The medic was called and immediately went to tend to the wounded. Steve turned back to Colonel Phillips and said, "I'd like to surrender myself for disciplinary action."

"Steve," Diana said in shock.

Colonel Phillips sighed and said, "That won't be necessary."

"Yes, Sir," Steve replied with a small smile. Colonel Phillips nodded and left the crowd. Diana turned to Peggy and embraced her friend.

"You're late," Peggy said to her and glanced at Steve.

"Couldn't call our ride," Steve said in Diana's defense as the two turned to see him holding the remaking pieces of device Howard had given him up.

Diana grinned at Steve as he stared back at her. Bucky glanced at the two and then called everyone's attention, "Hey! Let's hear it for, Diana of Themyscira and Captain America!"

The soldiers around them erupted in applause as Diana and Steve remained staring at one another. Steve held a wide grin across his face and he glanced down at Diana's smaller figure. He had to admit, he did love her armor. It matched his.

Diana brushed her hair back behind her headband and couldn't help the smile that spread across her face as she stood in the middle of the crowd with Steve Grant Rogers.

★★★★

Diana rubbed the back of her neck in exhaustion as she did her best to listen to Steve revise the map they had seen in the room where they found Bucky.

"The fifth one was here in Poland, right near Baltic," Diana corrected him and pointed to a position in the map.

"Right and the sixth one was... about... here. 30, 40 miles west of the Maignot Line," Steve added and marked another spot in the map. He glanced up at Diana and Peggy. "I just got a quick look."