Chapter 3: "the fancy dinner"

Maka's pov

Soul is actally taking me out. I think to myself, still in shock of what he asked me. I didn't know what to say exactly when he asked me, knowing i was still disapointed in him, yet hungry for some attention from him, so i went with a simple "sure" instead of a simple "no thank you." I grab a fresh towel from the closet next to the bathroom, and i grab a fresh wash cloth as well. I make my way into the bathroom, and i strip down to nothing, and i jump into the steamy, hot, shower.

Soul's pov

I took a shower earlier, i don't see the need to really tidy myself up intirly for this, unlike Maka, because oviously she always wants to look nice when she goes on nice get outs with people, especcially me. I want to look a little more than decent, so i strip to only boxers, and slide my tuxedo I always wear to parties, onto my body. I stare deep into my mirror,

And fix my hair as best as possible, and lightly spritz and bit of cologne on. Not too much, most girls don't like that. I hear a knock on my door, and maka slowly uninvitingly walks into my bedroom. She is wearing a black skirt, and a red, lace bra on top. My eyes fall to her breasts once again, and i cant help but get another nosebleed. I try to hold it down, trying to avoid blood stains getting on my perfectly neat tuxedo. Maka, put a top on? I ask politly, while keeping a finger up to my nose. She gives me a impatient look and she rolls her eyes. I assumed it was okay for me to walk in because you saw me with a bra on earlier, and i just thought it was okay. She explains as if i was already supposed to assume that. I ignore her words. What do you need? I ask.

Are my flats in here? She asks me. Why would i have your flats in here? Are you sure there not in the living room? I ask her, pretty much trying to get her leave the room before my nose bleed gets worse. Yeah, you're right. She says, and thankfully she leaves my bedroom.

Maka's pov

Soul and I quitely make our way in town, heading to our destination. Him and I didn't talk the whole time on our way there, i shouldn't have just walked in on him before we left with no shirt on. My bra was lace, as well, so it was more revealing than the bra i was wearing earlier. Way to go maka, he thinks you're a slut, just like Blair. I murmer quitely to myself. It takes a while to get to the destination. Soul walks infront of me, with his hands tucked in his tuxedo pants pockets. All i can see is the glow of the moon sourounding his outer shape. He suddenly stops walking, and stands still. What is it Soul? I ask wonderingly. Close your eyes. He says, turning around quickly, and flashing his well known grin at me. I tightly shut my eyes, and i feel his warm hand grab mine. He gently walks me straight, i don't have any idea where i am, but i trust him, even if i don't nessarily want to make contact with him right now. I feel my self almost trip on a stone, and luckily I catch myself. He ungrips my hand, i still keep my eyes shut. Are you alright Maka? He asks. Yeah, i'm fine, i just tripped a little. He doesnt respond, but he gently takes my hand in his, and leads me to walking again. I sqeeze his hand tightly, so i don't fall as easily next time, and we both head to the destination.

Soon enough, i feel steps beneath my feet. Its a ton of steps, and i soon reconize where we are. Soul? I call out. Yeah maka? He answers. We are at the DWMA arent we? I ask knowingly. Shit, you found out the location. He says sweetly disapointed. I don't respond, and we both continue to walk up the stairs with my hand intertwined with his.

Soul's pov

I lead her up the stairs more by the minute. I hate that its a ton of stairs, but i guess you get used to it since you climb it almost everyday. It was probaly harder for Maka since she was wearing flats, that probaly began to hurt her feet sooner or later.

Maka's pov

"Open your eyes." He whispers to me gently. I felt us stop from walking up the long stairs. I gently open my eyes, and i see a nice set up. A small wooden table with chairs, with a small glass container with a rose sitting inside of it, fancy, neatly placed plates and silverwear sitting on each side of the table with chairs,

A piano sitting on the other side of the roof, and a beautiful view of Death city. He knows what i want. I think. Ta da! He says with a flash of his famous grin, and him leading his arm out for me to intertwine it with his. I grip on to his arm, and he wraps his around mine and he walks me over to our table. "I didn't know Soul could be such a gentleman." I think. He pulls my seat out for me, and i sit down. He sits down as well. I nervously just sit there, silent. Soul does as well, but he looks a little impatient, like he is waiting for me to bring up something. "Sorry about walking in on you earlier only wearing a bra." I randomly apoligize, which probaly was the worst thing to bring up right now. He looks over at me with squinted eyes. Maka, its fine. He says hesitantly in a way. When is the god damn waiter going to be here! He shouts banging his fists down on the table. I can't help but jump back in fright. He sighs. Sorry maka, i'm just really impatient tonight. He explains. It...its fine soul. I respond stuttering. It becomes silent again for a few minutes, suddenly Soul flashes his famous grin at me and he chuckles. What is it soul? I ask him. He stands up from his seat, and he gently runs to me and takes my hand. We are both running to the piano. I relize, Soul is finally going to play piano for me. He hasnt in ages. I really missed that,and now its finally happening again. We sit close to eachother, shoulders pressed warm together, and i watch Soul begin to glide his fingers across the piano keys. He plays the same tune he played when me and him met, and im still suprised he knew it. It must of been a song he has known his whole life." Soul, you play really nicely." I compliment, trying to make this nervous moment more talkative. Thanks maka. He says with a small smirk, and he continues to play. I smirk back, but i don't think he saw me.

A few minutes into the song, i feel myself get tired. I kept yawning and rubbing my eyes and the more i did, the more tired i got. I can't help but gently cuddle against Soul's shoulder. I feel myself start to lean onto Soul, and i rest my head softly on him. With a tired hazy view, i continue to watch him play. I fall asleep to the music like a lullaby.

Soul's pov

I didn't want to interupt her sleep. She seemed like my music put her to sleep. Was it that bad? She complimented me. It cant be bad she wouldn't have said anything if she thought it was. I finish playing until the end of the song. I feel her leaning against me, and i feel her heartbeat against my arm. She sleeps like a baby. She breathes so lightly. I slowly and gently wrap my arm around her. It felt weird to that, but it felt right. It is a bit chilly, and she doesnt have long sleeves on so she is probaly freezing. She is probaly hungry too, since the dinner never came, which is strange. I can't help but smile as i watch gently snooze. I guess we will have to eat the way we always do later, that is if she wakes up soon enough.