Chapter 17

''I got one chance and I blew it! I will never get another shot of going to the Big World! NEVER!'' Nolan cried.

He weeped, screamed, shouted and cried for over an hour. 

The robot helpers tried to calm him down, but it only aggravated Nolan. Lou had never seen him this angry. Or so vulnerable before. It scared him. He held onto Nolan throughout the hour, stroking his hair and rocking back and forth.

Nolan had eventually calmed down. He whimpered and sniffled as tears ran down his face. Lou reached in his back pocket and pulled out a tissue and handed it to Nolan. 

''I'm sorry,'' Nolan said in a small voice as he wiped his face.

''Don't apologize. I don't blame you. What you went through would tear apart a doll.''

Nolan sighed and stood up, ''I guess so. I'm going to head to bed, rest for awhile, ok?''

Lou nodded, ''Sure, take a breather.''

As he walked away, Lou had a thought. ''Nolan is really upset. But I can understand why. To be able to even go to the Big World and be rejected by a kid because of imperfections, it's the stuff nightmares are made of.''

Lou scratched his head and made his way to his bedroom to check up on Nolan. ''But...come to think of it, he still got to see a child. To even go to the Big World.''

He stopped. ''Nolan did what I've wanted to do my whole life. I'll never get a shot of that.''

A rage began to boil in Lou. He was filled was jealousy and rage. 

He stomped towards his bedroom and slammed the door open. Nolan was sitting on his bed, sobbing when he looked up in shock as he heard the door slam.

Lou's face was red, his hand's in fists. His body was shaking from anger. He wanted to hurt somebody. ''YOU. You got the one chance I will never have in my life! Why did that happen? You're imperfect! You're not a perfect doll! I AM!''

''Lou, what's gotten into you?'' Nolan asked, his voice breaking through his tears.

''It's not FAIR! Why did I have to be the prototype?! Why did I have to be perfect but not able to have a kid?!''

He stormed out of the bedroom, tears forming in his eyes. He wiped them away, not wanting Nolan to see them.

But Nolan did. 

''Just leave me ALONE!'' Lou yelled, as he walked out of his mansion, leaving Nolan alone sitting on his bed in shock, and was beginning to regret telling his story.

Hold Each Other (Lou x Nolan)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें