6

Zuri

The day has come for jarell to come ' Scoop' me. I was felling better than ever. Of course im still a little hurt about the situation. But it is what it is. I slid on my Slides and did a spin in the mirror. I took a couple pictures and put em on IG with the caption Looking good , feeling great. The hearts pilled up automatically. My followers was really showing me some love.

My phone tinged signaling I got a text

Momma : Why you not answering your phone? Call me

I looked at the message. Laughed and locked my phone. Within the next two minutes, She was calling me. I Shook my head as I sat my phone on the dresser and changed my jewelry for the second time. I let her ass go straight to voicemail. Cause im siccud. Of both of they calling asses. Yes aden has been tryna reach.I got his notifications off.

Its time to start doing for myself. Moving on my own time. Im in the search of an apartment. Im still thinking long and hard about divorce though. We been in each other lives for a long , long time. But I cant be in a marriage if im not happy .. you know?

I got another text notification. this time from jarell saying he was outside. I did a quick glance over and made my way outside.

I slid on my seat belt as he took off to the restaurant. The atmosphere was cool. silent but not that awkward one. it was comfortable. we drove down the all to familiar roads. I knew exactly where we was going.

Sonnies milkshakes and burgers

The place where me and him first met. My heart was beating hard at all the memories of us coming to get a shake after school. I laughed.

' Oh word? whats funny ma ?'

' You '

' And how come shawty?'

' You know exactly whatchu doing jarell.

We pulled into the parking lot and parked.

' Ion know whatchu talkin bout , Sit tight. '

He said getting out , coming to my side and opened my door like a true gentleman. He reached for my hand and helped me out. We walked hand in hand into the old joint. Nostalgia rushed through my veins. Just as I remembered.

We ordered our drinks and sat in silence once again.

' So?'

' So what jarell"

' Stop treatin me like some sack or some and tell me wassup witchu how you been?'

' Good '

' That's all imma get. '

' Whatchu expect jarell?'

The woman came back with our drinks and took our orders. He ordered what he use to order as a kid. I did as well. When she left our conversation continued.

' Why you leave me jarell?'

He looked at me deeply. Questioning himself as if he should tell me.

' Ion know if I should tell yo ma .'

I grabbed my purse and got up fixing to leave his unsure as there. He grabbed my hand as if he knew I was about to leave. and he right. im sholl damn is .

' Zuri sit down na .. '

' Who you talking to?!'

' I said sit down ma. ' he said with bass in his voice. The tone he used I was lowkey turned on. So guess what my ass did? I sat the fuck down

' I left cause you already know what typa shit my dad was in on. I wasn't supposed to stay with my moms as long as I did. but some shit happened in my dad cartel. '

I nodded my head understanding

' My dad was inna middle of a war. that's what the hold up was. He was betrayed by a close friend. Long story short he had to handle that and his dumbass ended up hurt. So he needed me. I been involved since I left ya hea me?'

The lady brought out our food. We ate as I thought about what he said. He had to be in grown folks business at a young age. His childhood was gone from that day forward. My heart went out to em.

He picked up where he left off. I was all ears.

' Anyways , He ended up passin away. So of course I took over. You should know me enough to know I aint jus go up and leave ya wonderin. But by the time I caught up witchu you was inna relationship. Damn near married. '

He winked at me.

' You know about aden?'

' Duh , You thank I aint go check his square ass out?

We bussed out laughing. He was always protected of me.

' Well why you back now after all these years. '

' Cause I came back to claim whats mine ma. -' he said rubbing my hand in slow circular motions.

' What exactly is yours jarell?

'You ma ' He kissed my hand once again . I melted .

' Im married -'

' Ion see no ring '

he caught me off guard with that one. So he continued.

' Anyways ion give a damn if u did have it on. He done had his time witchu. Its my turn. . Its time for you to be the bonnie to my clyde. '

.