- T H I R T Y F O U R -

3rd person's P.O.V

"Chris? What are you doing?"
Minji rubbed her eyes as she sat up slightly on the bed and saw that her boyfriend was still sitting in front of his computer.
"Go back to sleep, baby. I'm almost finished for today."

"Chris, it's 3am. You've done more than enough and can always continue another day. Please come here and cuddle with me~"
The young girl whined childishly and flopped back down on the bed, pulling the blanket up to her chest.

Chan was working on some songs him and his group of friends wanted to use for another talent competition in Seoul. Minji was more than happy that they got the opportunity at first, but now she wasn't so sure about it anymore.

He was working on those new songs every day for the last two weeks, sleeping even less than usually and concerning her more. The older lost track of time and was worn out because of the constant dance practices as well. Heck, you could've thought he was a full-time idol by how much this guy was working his perfect a*s off.

"Just 30 minutes more, baby. I promise."
Minji sighed and couldn't do more than let out a quiet 'okay'. Chan noticed the tone of her voice and sat up straight, his head turning to look at her small form being curled up underneath his blanket.

It was the weekend and the two of them wanted to spend it together, since they didn't have time for each other the past days. But seems like their plans didn't go as planned...
Instant regret washed over him as he continued to look at her and eventually he turned back around, saving everything in files and turning off the laptop soon after.

Carefully laying down behind her and wrapping his arms around her small waist, he pressed a soft kiss to the skin of her neck and nuzzled his face into it.
"I'm sorry... I told you I'd make more time for you, but look at what I'm doing instead."

Minji sighed and turned around in his tight embrace, facing him. One of her hands made its way up to his curly, blonde hair and stroked it softly, a small smile forming on her pink lips.
"It's okay. I know that this competition is important for you and it gives you guys the chance to get noticed by some big companies, but I'm starting to miss you. Although you're sometimes right next to me."

"I'm so sorry, Minji. I know that I should have made more time for you, but all this is consuming so much time as well. Sorry that I haven't been the best boyfriend..."
Minji slapped his chest playfully and shook her head immediately.
"You are the best boyfriend ever. But what kinda girlfriend would I be, if I wouldn't support you and your dreams?"

Chan smiled back at her and leaned down to press a kiss on her soft lips, humming at the feeling.
"The competition is in a week. Are you gonna watch us?"
The slightly younger girl nodded enthusiastically and leaned up to peck his lips again.

"Of course I am. I have to cheer for you, right?"
The male chuckled and tightened his hug around her waist, pulling her a bit closer so that she could rest her head on his chest.
"Are you tired, baby?"

Minji nodded slightly and smiled as she felt his hand starting to play with strands of her hair, causing her to close her eyes. She's always loved the feeling of other's playing with her hair like that. And slowly, she started to fall asleep once again with Chan by her side.

- 1 week later -

It was finally the day of the competition and Minji sat in the second row, ready to cheer for her boyfriend and group of friends. Many acts have already been on the stage, and not gonna lie, some of them were extremely good... But nevertheless she knew that the boys would be even better.

"And next up we have a group of eight guys. They're gonna perform a song they've produced themselves, including dance, singing and even rapping. Please welcome... Stray Kids!"
The crowd clapped and some girls were even squealing.

Apparently the guys did get some recognition from other schools around, causing them to have their own little fan base already. Minji smiled brightly as she saw the boys standing on the stage and locked eyes with Chan, giving him a thumbs up.

The older smiled back brightly and gripped the mic in his hand a bit harder, being more nervous than usually. Jisung next to him put a hand on his shoulder and smiled reassuringly, telling him that they'll do well.

And so they did.

But it wasn't enough to actually win the whole competition.
Minji huffed as they weren't announced as winners, but nevertheless she was still extremely proud of them.

Every artist left the stage and searched for relatives, friends or anyone else in the crowd. As the boys spotted Minji at the side of the room, they walked over to her, looking slightly defeated. The girl pouted and opened her arms, Felix instantly rushing over and embracing her.

Minji chuckled at his action and ruffled his hair, telling him he did amazing.
"But we didn't win..."
She pulled away from the hug and gave him a soft smile. By now all the others have joined them and she smiled at every single one of them.

"You still did great. Just 'cause you didn't win, doesn't mean that your performance was bad. The judges just liked another performance better, but that's okay. There're gonna be plenty of competitions you can attend, so don't worry y'all."

Chan pushed Felix slightly to the side and wrapped an arm around Minji, pulling her close to him. The girl smiled and hugged him around his waist as well, her head resting on his shoulder.
The others starting talking about different, random things and the couple watched them with a small smile displayed on their lips.

"I'm proud of you, Chris. You did amazing and the song was great. I've loved it so much."
The boy chuckled and thanked her, leaning down a bit to peck her cheek.
But suddenly a very formally dressed woman approached the group of friends and stopped in front of them, a small smile displayed on her red lips.

"I'm sorry, but can I talk to you guys for a minute?"

•——————————————————————•

A/N:Only one more chapter omg

A/N:
Only one more chapter omg

Word count: 1099
Edited
Re-Edited