"Okay." Ben accepted, his voice sounding small. He didn't want the nine year old to miss supper and be hungry, but he didn't want to go against her dad's wishes. Especially not now.

They sat in silence for the most part, neither one of the Braedens asked Dean anything about Sam. The air was tense and every one could feel it, but nobody wanted to say anything in fear that it would set off Dean.

"Sammy!" A small voice screamed, Dean's head whipped toward the sound. Sobs traveled from the living room as Dakota woke up in tears, she cried out for her uncle again only for Dean to come running.

"Kota, hey, baby." Dean said softly, picking up the crying child, he cradled her in his arms as she cried. "It's okay, baby."

"No, it's not." She cried, hiding her face into the crook of Dean's neck. "He's gone."

"Shh, I know." Dean soothed, rubbing her back gently, he laid his head down on her shoulder. "It'll be okay, I promise."

Dakota doesn't say anything, instead she opens her eyes and looks over Dean's shoulder, taking in the scene around them. She blinked in confusion, slowly pulling away from her dad and looked around.

"Where's uncle Bobby?" She questioned, her face tear-stained and red.

"Uh, about that...baby, we're not at Bobby's, we're at Lisa's house." Dean admitted, Dakota froze and her eyes widened.

"W-what?" She blurted.

"This will be good for us, baby. We can finally get away from hunting, have a normal life. Be happy." He promised her, he cradled her face in his hands--getting her to look at him.

"I don't want this, I want Sammy." She sobbed, trying to push his hands away, but he just pulled her into his chest.

"I want Sammy, too, Kota. B-but this will be good, you'll see. Sammy would've wanted this for us, he did want it." Dean whispered, Dakota latched onto him, her hands fisted into the collar of his jacket.

"He wanted this?" Dakota asked, peeking up at Dean through wet lashes.

"Yeah, baby, he did. He made me promise that I would find Lisa, that I would get a normal life for you. He wanted everything for you, Kota." Dean said, running his fingers through her hair soothingly.

There was a long pause between the father and daughter, Dakota looked conflicted as she thought over his words. Dean waited patiently, allowing her the time for everything to sink in. She sniffles and nodded her head gently.

"I'm doing this for Sammy. I don't want to be here, but I'm doing this for Sammy." She told him, she whipped her tears and pulled herself free from Dean's grasp.

"Do you want some dinner?" Dean questioned, he pointed toward the kitchen where the Braedens were desperately trying to ignore their conversation.

Dakota watched the small family for a few moments before she nodded, grasping Dean's hand tightly as she followed him into the dinning room.

"Hi, Dakota." Lisa greeted softly, sending the little girl a small smile. Dakota simply glanced at the woman and followed her dad to the empty chairs.

Dakota was quiet as Dean fixed her a plate, her eyes were focused on her hands. Dean cleared his throat as a tense silence filled the air.

"What grade are you in, Dakota?" Ben asked hesitantly, the Winchesters exchanged a look before Dakota shrugged.

"I don't go to school." Dakota responded, placing a potato in her mouth and chewing slowly. "I nearly died the first time I went."

Dean shot her an unamused look.