05

-pov change. 3rd-

It had been weeks since Mason and Y/n had that little moment. Nothing ever grew awkward between them. In fact, Y/n and Mason became really close friends.

A little too close.

Besides the fact that they knew almost everything about each other, they also knew each others bodies very well.

They kept it strictly friends with benefits only. They discussed it with each other and they both didn't want anything serious, it was all just for fun.

A certain someone however... did not like this very much. He was jealous of Mason. Mason swooped in with the whole friends with benefits idea before he could even
express his feelings towards Y/n.

But he let it go... sort of.

That night Fitz laid in his bedroom, smoking a blunt and listening to the way too familiar noises coming from the bedroom next to him. He groaned and sat on his bed, turning on a playlist to block out the noise.

He curled up in his bed and scrolled through his phone, trying to distract himself from thinking about Y/n. 

-

An hour had passed and the noises still didn't stop.

"How long can they fucking go for. Jesus christ." Fitz muttered before getting up and dressing himself. He slipped on his shoes and sighed before leaving his room, making sure to loudly slam his door shut.

The loud thud did startle Y/n and Mason, but only for a few moments before they continued their little escapade.

Fitz walked down the street, looking down at his feet, kicking pebbles or cigarette butts as he walked. He made his way to his favorite place to hook up, and walked through the doors.

He had a couple of drinks, and a couple of girls had come up to him, but he was having a hard time getting his mind off of Y/n. Eventually, after an hour or so, he picked a girl up and they left the bar to her place.

-

It was 4:47 in the morning when Fitz walked through the door of the house. Everything was quiet. He walked down the hallway and noticed both Mason and Y/n's doors were cracked open.

He peeped inside Mason's room first, and saw him spread out on his stomach under the blankets. He was snoring lightly, which told Fitz that he'd been asleep for awhile.

Fitz stepped out of the room and poked his head through the doorway and saw Y/n asleep on her stomach as well. The blanket had slipped off of her slightly, exposing her bare back.

He tiptoed into the room, and adjusted the blanket so it covered the rest of her body. He looked down at her, seeing her back raise and fall at a steady pace. Her peaceful face as she slept made his gut wrench. He wished he was in Mason's place right now.

Fitz sighed and walked out of the room, heading in the direction of his own. When he approached the door, he noticed a crack in the wood that came from the doorknob.

'Damn, did I really slam it that hard?' He thought to himself before pushing the door open and entering his room. He kicked off his shoes and began to strip down to his boxers. He crawled into bed and hugged his pillow.

It took him awhile, but he eventually drifted off to sleep.

-time skip-

Fitz had grown distant from not only Y/n, but the gang as a whole. He was never home anymore.

Y/n felt concerned, but the boys assured her that he does this sometimes. He just runs away for a little bit and when he's done, he comes back.

She knew the tension around her and Fitz was uh, let's just say high. She didn't know how to fix it either. Y/n just felt bad.

Her and Mason grew a bit distant over time as well. Mason wanted to focus on his job more and he advised Y/n to do the same. She understood but it hurt a little bit to get so distant so quickly from someone you were once so close to.

-

That night, Y/n slipped on a dress, some heels, and did her hair up before heading to the casino. She was going to gamble her emotions away.

She grabbed a jacket and her purse before heading out of the house. She as soon as she stepped out, she pulled out a cigarette and lit it as she walked to the casino.

Y/n never really liked smoking cigarettes, she always preferred weed. But once the nicotine got into her system, it was hard for her to quit. She always tells herself after buying each pack that its gonna be the last one. That was always a lie.

Y/n had reached the casino, but stood outside to finish smoking her cigarette. She was leaning against the building and looking down at her feet when she heard a familiar voice.

She looked up and spotted who's voice it was. It was Fitz'. He was walking down the street with two girls by his sides. Y/n blushed and looked back down at her feet, hoping that Fitz wouldn't notice her.

"Artemis?" Fitz said, stopping in her tracks.
Y/n gulped and took one last drag of her cigarette before tossing it on the ground and stomping on it. 

"What're you doing out here?" He asked her and she sighed. "I'm about to head inside the casino. I need some extra cash." She explained and he nodded.

"How's Zuckles?" He asked in an almost condescending tone.

"How about you come home for once and ask him your goddamn self." She retorted, recieving a slightly shocked noise from Fitz. He scoffed and slung his arms around the girls waists.

"I'll come home when I want to, Artemis." He stated, before walking off with the two girls.

Y/n sighed frustratedly as she watched him walk down the street. Y/n slammed the door to the casino open and went to go gamble her heart out until she couldn't anymore.

She still couldn't get Fitz off her mind though. Something was going on and she needed to figure it out. His voice clouded her mind.

'Why is he pissed at me? And why am I pissed at him?' She thought constantly for the next two weeks.