I start to have a pounding headache and I bite down on my lip.

Why did things have to get so complicated?! Things could be going great if I didn’t send her and Zayn out to the old spot! They wouldn’t have been attacked and we would all probably be in the US in a flat somewhere talking and bonding more. But no! I had to go and say ‘why don’t you guys just go check to see if we left it there’! I’m such an idiot!!

I started shaking my head a bit violently to try and shake the thoughts of Avery’s lifeless body out of my mind. It looked so pale and unnatural on her tanned skin.

I should go do something right now. I think I should visit Niall to see how he’s doing. Hey maybe he even woke up!

I walk to his door and open it.

“Never mate.” I see and hear Liam say.

“Liam who are you-” I say but stop when Niall’s head turns my way. A large smile appears on my lips and I run over and hug him.

“Oi! What’s with people hugging me so much?! I’m not dead you know!” Niall shouts when I hug him.

“Yeah but you could have! I’m so happy that you remember me that’s all.” I say.

Liam suddenly looks up at me and he shakes his head, in a barely noticeable fashion, at me signaling that Niall doesn’t know about Avery.

Niall scrunches his eyebrows up at me. He looks at me tilting his head to the side then starts to slowly look from me to Liam, who stands on the other side of the bed.

“Is there something you guys aren’t telling me?” he asks finally popping the golden question.

“Yes.” I say sighing.

“Well…lay it on me I’m all ears.” Niall says pressing a button making the head of his bed go up so he’s sitting straight up. He places his hands on his lap on top of the thin bed sheet and intertwines his fingers together with each other.

“Um well you know about Avery being attacked right?” I ask him. He nods and looks at Liam to hear the next line.

“And you remember that she was in a coma the whole time huh?” Liam says.

“Yes I know all of that. What’s happened?” he asks nervously.

“Wait let us get there.” I say in a sad voice. “Well she finally woke up.” I say in a sad tone but I have a small smile on my face. Niall nods and looks at Liam.

“Well the doctor explained something’s to her about medicating her and he had her do some movement tests.” Liam explains.

“Yeah? Is there something wrong with her bones?” Niall asks his innocent face creased with worry.

“Not her bones.” I say letting a small tear trickle down from my eye. Liam sees that I’m not going to say it so he does.

“Niall, Avery has lost her recent memory so she doesn’t remember any of us.” Liam states. I stare up at Niall’s face to see that it drops. His face is gloomy but I know it’s not as bad as how I felt.

“Really?” he asks.

“Yeah. We are going to wait for when you both are out of the hospital and are able to move and walk again. And then we want to explain to her everything that happened. But we need to all be there okay?” Liam says. Niall looks up at me and nods not saying another word.

“When can I get out of here?” he asks.

“Well we don’t know. We just want to keep you in here as long as we can to get the medication in you and so you can rest.” Liam goes on. “Plus we’d rather have you and Avery out at the same time so we won’t have to keep coming back here.”