{chapter 25}

Marinette looked around to see if there was anything that could help her escape. She headed to the back of the room, hoping that there was at least a heavy metal or whatever that could help her break the door down.

Once she got to the back, she saw something else though. It was the only thing that was there, and Marinette wondered it the Agreste family even put anything in their basement.

There was a black box that was sitting at the back of the room. Marinette picked it up, some part of her hoping that it was a some key inside that was used to open the locked door. What she found in there though just didn't make any sense to her.

She found some earrings that had ladybug dots on for design. What was she supposed to do with this? Was it some kind of object that would help her escape.

She sighed and decided to forget about it. Instead she kept looking around, until she knew that there really was absolutely nothing that could help her escape.

Her eyes turned back to the bos, which she had kept just where she had found it. Some part of her told her to put the earrings on, the other part told her to just forget about it, that there was nothing it could do to help her. The first side won though, and she headed towards the box again.

Taking out the ladybug earrings, she put them on her pierced ears. Too bad there was no mirror for her to see how it looked on her. As she wanted to just take the earrings off, some strange looking animal just appeared.

"Hello, I'm Tikki."

"Gah, it talks!" Marinette quickly backed away, for getting all about the earrings and had her focus on Tikki.

"Don't worry, I don't bite. I just want to tell you that you're the next miraculous holder in Paris."

-------

Emilie helped Chat Noir up, and they both faced the last person on the list: Lina.

Lina looked over at Emilie, who had her glass bottle ready. "You really had some nerves, attacking Gabriel after everything he'd even done for you!" Then she turned to Chat Noir, who had his baton out in front of him. "And you. If you hadn't come, everything would have been going perfectly fine. You just had to show up and ruin everything." But she knew she was completely defeated. And she felt defeated.

"It's over, Lina!" Emilie shouted. "I'm tired of not doing anything, and I fear that this would he my last chance, so why not take that chance and fight back! It's time that you and Gabriel finally gets stopped!"

Lina made her fists into a ball, as if ready to start fighting. But she unclenched it when she knew there was nothing she could do now. She didn't have Gabriel with her. Instead he was lying in the floor, with his back still bleeding.

Lina fell on her knees, not saying anything. Chat Noir and Emilie looked at each other, then placed their weapons by their sides.

"Here," Emilie tool something out. "Here's the key to the basement. You better get Marinette out quickly. And I'll go and give the police a call."

Chat Noir nodded and took the key with appreciation. He then went over to the basement, and Emilie headed over to get her phone.

Once Chat Noir unlocked the basement door and went inside, he heard voices inside. He walked forward and finally saw what it was.

Marinette was talking to Tikki, Tikki explaining to her what was going on. Marinette didn't even realize that Chat Noir had stepped in, because her focus had been on the kwami. That is until Chat Noir cleared his throat and got Marinette's attention.

"Adrien, look. I got my own kwami. Just like you, I got mine," Marinette stood up from the floor and rushed to him, pulling him into a hug. "So how did everything go? How did you get here? Where's Gabriel and Lina?"

"Don't worry. Everything has been taken care of." Chat Noir smiled. "Mom is calling the police now, and they're going to take Gabriel and Lina away."

"I'm glad to hea-" Marinette suddenly got interrupted by Emilie's calling for them. Tikki hid in Marinette's pocket and they headed out of the basement.

"What is it, Mo- Emilie?" Chat Noir cleared his throat, knowing that he had almost made a mistake.

"Lina... I think she escaped!" Emilie gulped. "But she left Gabriel behind, so..."

"How did she escape?" Marinette frowned. She wasn't really sure how Chat Noir and Emilie 'took care' of Lina and Gabriel, but now she was starting to be worried.

"I'm sorry, it was all my fault." Emilie cried out. "The police are on their way here. What should we do?"

Chat Noir shrugged and turned to Marinette. "Let the police just take Gabriel. Later on, when we've got time, we can look for Lina ourselves."

Marinette knew what he was taking about, and she nodded. "I completely agree." She looked at the time in the clock. "How long have I been here? My parents would probably be worried."

"Wait, before you go, I.." Chat Noir grabbed her arm. "I have something to do first."

"Yes, what is it?" Marinette could feel her heart pounding fast as she waited for Chat Noir to do his thing.

"This..." And he placed his lips on hers. It was a short kiss, but Marinette loved it. "I've always wanted to do that."

Marinette blushed... Then her phone rang, and the police came dashing inside the mansion. Now I really got to go. She waved at Chat Noir, and headed out.

And the more she thought about it, the more she couldn't wait to see what she looked like as a superhero.

~~~

Yay! The end!
~That Other Side of Her will be out, but not shortly, cause I got some other books to work on. Yeah.~

Now, time to edit this book!