{chapter 7}E.D.I.T.E.D

She was desperate...

Adrien looked at her with a saddening look. "No!"

"What do you mean no?!" Marinette yelled. "I just saw... "

"Marinette, leave it!" Adrien said, folding his arms. "It's none of your business, so don't worry about it. After all its not like you're part of this family to know what's going on!"

The words stung to Marinette like poison. So what if it wasn't her business, why couldn't she know?!

"Fine!" She whirled around and ran to her room. "Let him beat you up until you die!"

Adrien sighed and started going to his room when Lina stopped him.

"That girl," Lina glared at him. "I don't want to see her here anymore."

I don't want to see you here anymore! "What's that supposed to mean?" Adrien asked, turning back to face Lina.

"I know what's going on," Lina rolled her eyes. "You like that girl, but I don't! I want her gone from my mansion!"

"Technically, it's not your mansion," He gritted his teeth. "I live here, so she can stay if she wants to."

"Look at you, acting as if you're all tough," Lina laughed. "But when Gabriel gets his hands on you, you start being a wuss!"

Adrien didn't reply. What was he supposed to say anyway? After all she was right. Why bother trying to act so tough when he really wasn't?!

"Listen, Marinette can stay here!" Lina informed, turning to leave. "But if she's going to stay here, then she better not interfere with the things that's going on!" And she walked down the stairs, not making a chance for Adrien to say something.

Rule number 3: never interfere with Lina. If you do, she's likely going to get Gabriel to stand up for her, which will bring a lot of problems, or she'll just decided to fight you herself...

Marinette was right. She wasn't following the rules, and Adrien was sure she wasn't going to try to.

Maybe if I keep her out of the house, she won't get into so much trouble. She would hardly be around for Lina or Gabriel to see her.

Adrien sighed. That was a good plan. But the problem was Marinette herself. Would she even want to go with him?

He gave it a try and knocked on her door.

"If you're Adrien, or that monster, Lina, then go away!" She yelled from her room. "But if you're Emilie, you're more than welcome to come in."

Ouch...

"It's Adrien," It came out in a whisper, but Marinette still got up and opened the door.

"What do you want? Ready to tell me what's going on, or is it still none of my business?!

"I want to take you out..."

"Huh?" Marinette frowned. Adrien was also surprised with himself. He didn't mean for it to come out that way.

"I mean hang out," He quickly exclaimed. "I figured this place must be so boring, so why not go hang out with me. Somewhere that's not this place!"

"Fine. Sure!" She shrugged as if it was no big deal, leaving Adrien surprised. Going back inside, she grabbed her sweater. "Let's go!"

Adrien nodded and started walking down stairs with her. Luckily no one was down stairs, so Adrien figured that both Gabriel and Lina had went out, which was a huge relief.

"Where are we going?" Marinette turned back to him as she reached for the doorknob.

"Where ever you like," Adrien answered as he stepped outside. Normally he wasn't allowed to go outside for a hang out or else he asked Gabriel, which always led to a no as an answer. But Adrien didn't care.

If it was for Marinette, he had do anything...