{chapter 17}

Marinette headed to the door. "Yes, yes, I'm going to visit Adrien and see how he's doing." She pulled the phone closer to her ears to hear what Alya was saying.

"Alright, I know you must care about him a lot, possibly even more than friends-"

"Alya, what are you trying to say?" Marinette cut her off as she grabbed her shoes. "You know exactly who I like." She didn't want to admit that she thought Cat Noir was Adrien.

"Marinette, you know exactly what I mean. But whatever." Marinette could imagine her best friend rolling her eyes. "Anyway, lock the door when you go. I have my own key to the house. I'm coming back with my sisters soon."

"Yes, okay, I got it." Marinette headed outside, making sure to lock the door like she was asked to.

"When you come back, tell me all who it it, okay?" Now Marinette imagined her smirking.

She rolled her eyes. "Alya, it's not like it's even going to be that exciting. It's just going to visit a friend."

"So? Tell me all about it anyway." Alya chuckled. "Alright, I'll talk to you later."

"Bye." Marinette hanged up and put her phone back in her purse.

Alya had went to to a park with her two younger sisters. Her older sister was out with her friends, and their parents was out in work.

Marinette had felt slightly very lonely, so she had decided to get out a bit and maybe talk to Adrien about how things had been going on for him.

She could have just given him a call, it was that simple, but she feared that Gabriel was going to pick up his phone again, and the same things happening all over again. It frightened her.

Reaching the hospital Adrien had been, Marinette went to a counter with a lady behind it.

"Hello," She spike so softly yet the lady was able to hear her.

"Hello, need anything?"

Marinette nodded. "I want to see Adrien."

"Adrien Agreste?" The lady slightly frowned. She looked at her computer, the turned back to her. "Sorry, but Adrien Agreste has already been released from the hospital."

"Oh," It wass one surprising news. Marinette don't think Adrien was going to heal from his bruises in one day.

"Yes, unfortunately his father came to get him out," Marinette stood frozen as she listened to the rest of the words that came out of the lady's mouth. "He didn't let the bruises heal first, but he insisted that Adrien go home with him."

Marinette clenched a fist. Gabriel! It had been him, it was always him!

"Alright, thank you." Marinette walked away from the counter, thinking of what to do. She stepped away from the hospital, knowing that Adrien was probably home. But she couldn't go. She couldn't go back to the mansion and possibly free Adrien from the beats he was getting. Instead of being his hero, like he had said, she had turned into a frightened girl, and she hated it.

She gulped, deciding whether to really do this and go to his mansion, or just stay hidden and safe.

Sighing and knowing it was a stupid idea, she pulled out her phone and dialed his number.

Please... Please...

"Hello? Marinette?"

Marinette cried in joy, seeing that Adrien had picked up, and so quickly too.

"Hey, are you okay? Heard Gabriel released you from the hospital without your bruises healing." She cleared her throat.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Well... Kinda feeling lonely."

"Wait, where are you?" Marinette widened her eyes, seeing how he wasn't crying in pain, or hurting or anything.

"Outside your bakery."

"Wait, you know it's closed, right?" And how did your father let you leave the mansion?

"I know," He said. "I was just hoping that somehow you would come over, but you must be busy, huh."

"What?! No, I'll come!" She exclaimed. "Wait for me there, Adrien."

"Okay."

She squealed once she put her phone away, then started running to her bakery.

She was going to be hanging out with Adrien, and she was going to make sure it was worth it!