Chapter 30 - Plans

Start from the beginning

Then again, though Reiji wasn't easy to deal with, (Y/N) hadn't yet seen Ryu, Takeo, or Yukio, the most unpredictable of the six, in her opinion. She planned on saying as little to them as possible and taking the passive route. Although tempting as it may be to scream and throw things at them, that would get the girl nowhere, and who knows what they might do in retaliation.

(Y/N) looked down at the sandwich that she had left sitting. She picked it up, examined it, smelled it, and searched for any red flags. The (H/C)-haired girl finally took a bite, savoring the flavor as she hadn't eaten in what felt like forever. She gazed solemnly out the window, the iron bars only slightly obstructing her view. The garden was breathtaking as always. Filled with all types of exotic vegetation and plant life. She was even able to spot a small koi pond. This must've taken a lot of upkeep. (Y/N) thought for a bit about somehow finding a way to get the gardeners or some kind of person like that to help her out. That was until the girl noticed a tall, young ravenette tending carefully to what seemed to be a rose bush. Kneeling in front, decked out in gloves, apron, and shears, was Takeo.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened. She was astounded. Never had she ever quite expected something like that. The captive wanted to take a picture, but not only did she not have her phone, but she remembered that this boy was part of the group that broke into her home and kidnapped her. She shivered at the thought, remembering how helpless she felt. (Y/N)'s lips formed a frown, her eyebrows furrowing, sending a glare to the boy. She put the sandwich down and walked angrily away from her spot at the window. She now, however, had finally formulated a plan for her escape.

(Y/N) sat on that windowsill, waiting. Time ticked by slowly for her, and it had only been half an hour since Reiji had left. They had left her plenty of things to do. There was a flat-screen right across from the bed, along with it a game console with an incredible number of games, although the captive had discovered that none allowed her communication with anyone on the outside. There were board games and books left for her, plenty of things to do. But (Y/N) had no intention of humoring them with this little game of house that they had set up. No. Her intention was to get out of there.

The girl felt her heart rate increase as she heard the now familiar click of a lock and the subsequent opening of the thick, wood door that blocked her escape. Her eyes looked over, a state of ease working it's way back to her as she realized it was just who she needed. Excitement struck her, escape coming nearer and nearer.

"H-Hey, (Y/N)." Shiro greeted the captive a bit awkwardly, not moving much further from the door once it closed.

The girl merely nodded at his presence, still unwilling to speak much.

Shiro glanced over at the empty plate and glass, "I'm happy to see that you ate."

The ravenette was still fairly reserved in comparison, and even talking to the girl made him blush. Which, although (Y/N) thought was pretty cute, made it easy to fool him.

"Erm, Shiro, can I ask you something?" (Y/N) asked with fake innocence, just enough to seem believable.

The boy seemed a bit taken aback, but he nodded nonetheless.

The girl gestured for him to come closer, not knowing if any surveillance could pick up on what she was about to say.

Shiro almost reluctantly walked over, a bit apprehensive of what the girl might do.

(Y/N) leaned in, "um, do you think you could maybe come back later tonight alone? I wanted to talk to you, but the others can't know. I don't want them to... well, you know how they are." She looked up with only partially fake fear in her eyes, "Shiro, you're the only one I feel like I can talk to."

Although this was all part of her plan, (Y/N) wasn't completely lying when she said that last part. Shiro was much more compassionate - and gullible -  than any of the others, and there was no need to worry about him doing something outrageous like Yukio or Ryu.

Shiro backed up a bit, giving himself a bit of time to think. He did appear to be taken by surprise when (Y/N) admitted to feeling somewhat more comfortable around him. Although the ravenette had gone along with the plan to kidnap her, he never really expected that he would be the one she wanted to be around, even if it made him extremely happy.

(Y/N) examined Shiro as he made his decision. His soft features couldn't seem to choose between excitement, surprise, and a bit of worry. The girl had no doubt that they had set up some kind of system to make sure no one got any unsupervised time together. But, knowing how much Shiro supposedly "loved" her, (Y/N) had a strong feeling that he would accept her offer.

"I can't, (Y/N). I would get in trouble if someone found out." His quiet voice uttered out almost shamefully, but (Y/N) knew all he needed was a little push.

The captive threw on her fake persona once more.

"Please, Shiro. You're the only one I feel I can trust. You make me feel like the situation isn't going to be so bad." Again. True words flowed from her mouth; they were just a bit twisted.

And although (Y/N) tried to seem weak, afraid, and in need of comfort, her real emotions showed through her (E/C)-eyes. The exhilaration of her plan working and the dread of it failing danced beautifully, though the naive boy could see nothing.

A few short moments later, she could see him caving. The guilty eyes, the nervous hands. Excitement overpowering (Y/N)'s own fear.

"Y-Yes, I'll come by... B-B-But not f-for long... and it will have to be after midnight... w-when everyone's asleep." His unsureness of the whole situation presented itself rather evidently through his words and reserved behavior.

The girl concealed her elation, uttering a quiet and sincere thank you. Thanking him for much more than he could know or want.

* * *

The minutes passed by even slower than before. Although fear and anxiety still haunted her thoughts, (Y/N) could already get a sense of the relief that she'd be feeling in just a few hours.

Some people might not even mind being held captive by six attractive boys, and although nothing remotely bad had happened, well, besides being held against her will, (Y/N) feared what they might do. Who knows if they were really serious; if they weren't just going to free her after giving her a good scare? But that was naïve to think that way, especially after witnessing how they acted around her. The moment she walked out of that house on Saturday was the moment (Y/N) had felt a strange feeling grip her conscious, strangling her thoughts as the helplessness began to consume her.

At this point, lost in her thoughts, (Y/N) had found her way to the windowsill once again. The iron bars obstructed a portion of the teen's view, making her feel like a caged bird. The effort put in even just to keep the room secure was another reason she felt the weight of their seriousness.

Although the captive didn't have a perfect view of the outside, she was drawn past the garden. Even though most of the property was surrounded by a fence, there was a ladder that had been left near the back, leading to a wooded area. However, the only thing that troubled the teen was where exactly she would go after the fact.

She wasn't even safe at her own house. At this point, she suspected that her neighbors had never even gotten the note, so it was no longer safe to assume that they would be obliged to check on her. Her parents were gone, and she had no way to contact them, and because school was out, no one would start looking for her until much later. Could she even go to the police? Questions and doubts swirled around her head. (Y/N) needed to get out of there.

The best thing that the girl could think of was to go to Keshi's house. She had a vague idea of how to get there, but she just hoped that she wouldn't put him in danger. The boys seemed extremely desperate, and she wouldn't put it past them to harm Keshi, but there was nowhere else for her to go at the moment.

As the hours passed, (Y/N) was tempted over and over again just to pick up one of the books or games that were left to her, but she controlled herself, opting to sit in the silence in her own kind of protest.

After a while of just sitting and thinking, (Y/N) had unknowingly dozed off. She awoke, however, to feel an unfamiliar hand caressing her (H/C) locks.