Chapter 5 - Lunchtime

The time had finally come; (Y/N) could now eat lunch.

She could hardly believe it had only been half of a day so far. The four new boys she had met so far each came with their own widely different experiences, and (Y/N) sincerely hoped that she would become good friends with at least one of them.

Speaking of friends, (Y/N) gave a small smile as she saw Ayako enthusiastically wave her over to her table of friends, which included Ayako, Itsumi, Masato, and Keshi.

(Y/N) sat down, and greeted everyone, "Hey, guys."

"(Y/N), what took you so long?! We had almost thought you'd left us for some other group."

Ayako was no doubt overexaggerating, dramatically placing her hand on her chest, her face looking like what a soap opera character might model after.

"You thought." Keshi corrected the blue-haired girl, not wanting to be associated with her over-the-top antics.

"Yeah, Ayako. We at least trust (Y/N)." Masato began his typical teasing, causing Ayako to give a pout.

"Stop being so goofy, but history class is just kinda far away. Like across the whole school, which is just gross." (Y/N) grimaced, thinking about how she was unfortunate enough to have to walk across the entire school building just to get to lunch.

"Oh, poor, poor (Y/N)." Masato patted the girl's head like a small dog, and she couldn't help but whack said appendage in response.

"Speaking of classes, how did yours go? We didn't have a chance to talk about our schedule in the morning, and I've already had the chance to ask everybody else about their classes." Ayako's eyes looked curiously into (Y/N)'s, not peeling away for a second.

"Well, I had math first, art second, science third, and history fourth. Then after lunch, I have music theory fifth, English sixth, gym seventh, and geology eighth." (Y/N) listed off her schedule to her friends, using her fingers to help her number them off.

"Looks like you, Masato, and I have music together. And you, Itsumi, and I have gym together, too. Dang, so we only have two classes together." Ayako was pouty once again, frowning at the information.

"We also have English together." Itsumi chimed in while a sweet smile.

"And I have geology with you." Keshi looked genuinely happy, giving a rare toothy grin to (Y/N).

"Aw, guess we only have music theory together." Masato now appeared to be pouting much like Ayako, "Now I can't make fun of you as often."

"By the way, Ayako," (Y/N) said as she faced the blue-haired girl, "I think I had all of my classes so far with the new boys you mentioned." (Y/N) didn't think Ayako would care much, only to have the blue-haired teen slam her hands on the table and stand up.

"What?! Why didn't you start with that!?" Ayako was bringing up the dramatics once more, causing some nearby heads to turn their way.

"Yeah, (Y/N), we want to know the juicy stuff." Itsumi also seemed extremely interested.

"Do you guys want to hear, or not?" (Y/N) gave a stern look at the two girls, wondering why she put up with the boy crazed mania her friends often fell victim to.

Ayako and Itsumi leaned in to hear what (Y/N) had to say, while Masato and Keshi rolled their eyes, checking out of the conversation.

"Well let me see... I had math first block with some brown-haired kid named Haruki. He was nice, and I had to walk him to his class because he didn't know where to go. Remember him, Keshi?" (Y/N) looked towards the ravenette and was given a shrug in return. "Then I had art with some kid named Shiro, he had really dark brown or like black hair. He was pretty quiet, but I got a good conversation out of him. I had science with some kid with crazy whitish hair named Yukio. He was literally the biggest f-boy I have ever met. And I had history class with a tsundere black-haired boy named Takeo."