"I said, I feel less scared of you when you're near," I explained and looked away, towards the door. Needing to be strong, to not show my true fear, I tried my best to hide it behind a calm mask. One that I wanted to say, 'Oh? You thought this was my first time? Please, I've been through this type of situation many times before,' or something like that. Impossible, but he hasn't exactly been awake for my life, so what does he know? Nothing about me that's for sure.

I wish I was more like Viviana.

"You are not scared of me, right?" Morpheus roughly grabbed my chin and turned it towards him, my head twisting uncomfortably in the process. Does he even know his own strength? Probably not. His eyes searched mine, but by the way he gripped my chin made me worry that he was going to do his mind voodoo. Oh, oh, oh how I hate that. However, his next words surprised me, took me off guard completely. It felt true, but part of me thought he lied. "You don't have to be. I would never hurt you."

I wanted to tell him, 'but haven't you? You grab at me whenever you want, you mess with my head, and you physically hurt a person I care about' but, I didn't want to see the aftermath of me saying that aloud.

My gaze fell, not out of curiosity or fear, but because he didn't look bad. You should know better, I told myself, looks can be quite decieving. The innocent look on his face almost made me feel guilty. Be strong, Emery.

"Oh, come on," I practically groaned at him while pushing his hand away, "don't get weird. I get it, okay? I really do. I see Viviana happy with her mate, and I know that Johnny is just waiting for the day his mate comes, but me? I never expected this day. And, you? You don't want me, and I doubt that you really need me."

The memory of when Morpheus grabbed Johnny and held him there until his face turned blue was still clear in my mind. It was only last night. And, as soon as I spoke those words, ones that I barely thought about and just said to fill the space, he switched his act. Morpheus grabbed onto the side of arms and shoved me out in front of him, I felt like something on display. He held me there and just watched me with his disapproving, narrowed green stare. As if I did something wrong. It made me feel the same way I did the night before. Suddenly frightened.

I looked back at him with a deer caught in headlights look. The force itself knocked the wind right out of me, but at least I managed to wheeze out, "Wha-"

"I don't understand," Morpheus spoke lowly, cutting me off. "What did I do to you? Everything I have done since seeing you has only been from trying to make you like me, can you not see that?"

"Excuse me?" My voice came out irritated, even I was shocked at how vicious it came out. I was never one for confrontation. But, I just couldn't stop myself, "Do you honestly believe that? Look at what you've done to me. Everything you've done has only messed my life up, and you've been here for what? A few days? You're not exactly what I would call charming."

"I was willing to kill another man for you, a werewolf under my protection, is that not enough to satisfy you? This was not my plan, but I had to act on it anyway. What more do you need? This entire pack house is yours. Everything in it is yours. I'm yours." It felt like he was trying to convince me, telling me that I should accept whatever he does. What year does he think he's living in?

"Well, maybe I'm not yours, huh? Have you ever thought of that?" Harsh, I know.

I bit my tongue, a sour taste of poison from the words lingered in my mouth while I waited for his answer. The expectation was for him to throw me across the room, the way he did with Johnny, but he just laughed. Morpheus glared for a second before a string of laughter escaped his lips.

"You're more fun than I originally expected," he spoke calmly, still on the edge of a laugh. Morpheus let go, his hands sliding down my arms before stepping back. "I'll tell Leo to help you gather your belongings."

"What?" I stood there stunned.

He just smiled devilishly, and then he turned around and walked off. My gaze followed his stiff back as he continued into the distance of the pack house, hands turned into fists at his sides.

"Wait!" I tried to go after him, shouting, "Come back here! Hello, I'm not done talking to you!" It was no use, either he couldn't hear me or he was ignoring me, I assumed it was the latter. I could no longer see him anyway. "Well, it's your loss," I muttered, kicking myself for whatever just happened.

I made my way back to the front door, with my head down and hands holding onto the fabric of my unusual clothing again. It was scratchy in my hands, almost like it was dusty, actually it was really dusty. "What am I doing?" I asked myself, I wondered if an answer was going to come, but all that made a sound was the door closing shut behind me.

W O R D C O U N T : 1710

hi

It has been a long, long time.

I'm really sorry for the lack of updates. I recently edited my old parts of this, just minor fixing up, but I'm sure some of you will probably read MTM all over again after not posting for a while.

Please, if there's anything that you think I could improve on, it would be really helpful for you to tell me. I would really appreciate it.