12.

Apologies for the delayed updates everyone, I went on an impromptu mini vacation, which is why I wasn't able to update. 

Your support, votes, recommendations and reviews are awaited! 

Happy Reading, 

NB

~~~

"Appa." Tripura comes down calling her father in hurry. She sees him at the dining table waiting for her to join. He looks back to his daughter in distraught.

"What happened?" he asks without getting up from the couch with concern in his eyes.

"I need to file a FIR" She says without giving a pause to her stride. She stops at the entrance for few seconds before walking back into the house. She stops infront of her father. "Mr. Karan Khanna is bothering me. He is troubling me and he has become a threat to me." She says.

Surprised with the accusations made, Shankar rises up from the couch to face his daughter. "And it is how?"

"He is intruding my space." Tripura's announcement shocks her father. Looking at her shocked father she continues, "Yesterday when I retired to my room for the day he was already there. He used the back stairs attached to the balcony of my bedroom to get into my room."

"He tried to harm you?" Shankar asks with a sheer hint of anger in his voice.

"No. Not really but he is becoming a threat to me." Tripura says under a defeated sigh.

"But why didn't you wake me up last night?" A startled father asks.

"Appa, I didn't want to tense you irrationally last night. But today I want you to come along me to register a FIR against him." Tripura clears the point to her father.

"Okay. But.." Shankar stops with a doubt. "I don't know what he is upto and what he will take to stop all these." He looks up to find his daughter to be in deep thoughts just like him. "Let's go." He says gesturing Tripura to lead.

"But please have your breakfast.." Tripura fails to complete. Shankar cuts in.

"I have to protect my daughter first. You don't know what you have pulled yourself into." Shankar this time leads the way out asking his daughter to follow. He pulls out his phone from his pants' pocket and starts speaking to someone unknown.

When Tripura steers the car out of the complex Shankar asks her to drive towards Karan's home.

"But why?" She asks bringing the car to an instant halt. She looks angrily towards Shankar for a valid answer.

"Do you think just having a good rapport with commissioner of police and some other top brass officer of the department will help you to prove him guilty? He wants you to approach the police so that he can put a defamation case against you or anything else,that is grave in nature and unimaginable for me." Shankar says, "This is reality my girl and you don't know how dangerous this world is. You have worked in a secured environment or with someone who is either less influential than you or not even an inch close to your charisma." He says and looks up to find a displeased expression across his daughter's face. "And this time, your old father is not afraid of him. I am concerned about your security."

"But the police can investigate the matter. What is the point to talk to him?" Tripura blurts.

"What evidence do you have against him? Does your bedroom have a security cam that captured him? Did you record him when he left your room? Or anything?" Shankar asks. "If you have to turn your car towards the police station. Those evidence are enough to put him behind the bars.