𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚

ㅡ y/n

ㅡ y/n

I wake up in my bedroom, feeling my head hurt less than before. I look at my side and saw Renjun sleeping.

His head was on my bed but he was sitting on the floor as he sleeps. I realized that I was holding his hand like he suggested last night.

I smile and sit up. I placed a hand on Renjun's shoulder.

"Injun.. don't sleep there... you'll catch.. a cold.." I said, still feeling tired. I look at the clock and realized that it was just 5 am.

I heard Renjun groan and open his eyes. He looked at me, immediately sitting on the bed.

"Are you feeling okay now?" He asked, placing his hand on my forehead.

"I feel so much better than yesterday but my head is still slightly throbbing. Why didn't you sleep on a couch or on the bed?" I asked, gripping on his hand but not too tight that it will hurt him.

"I don't want to leave you alone but at the same time, I don't want to sleep beside a girl." He said, his cheeks becoming pink as he scratches the back of his neck.

"Why do you say that?" I asked, smiling softly, knowing that he's embarrassed.

"I.. I don't want you.. to get the wrong idea.." He said, looking down and try to his now bright red cheeks but his ears were showing it.

"Such a gentleman." I pinched his cheeks, chuckling. He coughed and looked at me, his cheeks still red.

"D-do you want anything? I can cook for you and you can drink your medicine after eating." He said and I nodded.

"Anything is okay."

"Then I'll make you anything. I'll call you later." He stands up and I nodded. He exited the room and I look out the window, seeing the sunrise.

Jeno's confession suddenly popped into my mind. I still haven't given him a proper answer.

I grab my phone and my eyes widened when I saw a message from Jeno which he just sent at 3 am.

Eyesmile prince : I know you're probably asleep but can we talk when you get better? [3:05 am]

Eyesmile prince : only if you want to, of course [3:20 am]

Eyesmile prince : or you can just ignore my confession and act like I never did that [3:58 am]

I put my phone down, sighing.

I'm scared of hurting Jeno, that's why I'm afraid to give him an answer. I don't want Jeno to feel disheartened because I don't feel the same.

I cover my whole body with the blanket, even my head and think about Jeno again.

I liked him in high school and he liked me back yet why didn't I also have the courage to confess?

I guess I'm also an idiot.

ㅡ jisung

I paint on the canvas as the other boys try to comfort the sad Jeno.

"I'm such an idiot. I totally regret everything and now, I can't turn back time. She's surely gonna reject me." Jeno said for the third time.

"You also said Renjun is with her and he's not gonna leave her side until she feels better. Who knows Renjun is your rival?" Chenle said, answering a homework of his while eating chips.

"It's kinda obvious that Renjun has feelings for y/n. Do you see how he acts around her? He's softer than with any of us." Harvey said and everyone nodded.

I suddenly got a message and it's from y/n. I opened our chat and read the message she sent me.

Sweet noona : I'll probably be back in campus tomorrow with Renjun [8:48 am]

Sweet noona: please, tell the boys [8:49 am]

Sweet noona: visit me later too, just you Jisung, I want to tell you something [8:50 am]

I replied with an 'okay' and put my phone back in my bag, glancing at the boys who are still talking to Jeno.

"Guys, y/n said she'll probably be back in campus tomorrow with Renjun." I dip my paint paintbrush in the water to remove the paint before wiping it with a towel.

"Talk to y/n tomorrow instead. The sooner you talk about it, the better you can handle this." I said, going back to painting.

▔▔▔▔▔▔
I knocked on the door and it was Renjun hyung who opened it.

"Hey, you're here." He said and I nodded. He let me in and went closed the door behind me before going to the kitchen.

"Where's y/n?"

"In her room." He said and I thanked him before going to her room. I knocked on the door before opening it.

I saw her sitting on her bed, watching Netflix in the pillow fort she made on her bed. I chuckled at the sight.

"Jisung, you're here." She smiled, pausing her show and look at me.

"What do you want to talk about?" I put my bag down and sit beside her but outside of her fort.

"How's Jeno?" She asked and I sighed, remembering Jeno earlier.

"Horrible, I guess. All he could do is say that he regrets everything and wished he can turn back time.." I said and she nodded weakly.

"What do I do, Jisung? I can just ask Harvey about this but I'm guessing the boy is busy today so, I asked you." She said, resting her chin on her pillows.

"Why didn't you just ask Renjun instead? He's here and he has dated before." I said, remembering Renjun's experience.

"Yeah, I know but Renjun has done enough for me. I don't feel like telling Nana or Chenle so, you're the only option I have and I also need someone to let it out." She said, burying her face.

I pat her back and try to comfort her.

"What are you gonna do then?" I asked her and she looked at me.

"Be honest with my feelings. I'll be honest even if it means hurting Jeno."

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
So, one or two more chapters before the ending chapter.

I'm actually not sure if the ending will be sad or happy or just both but I am (kinda) sure that there'll be a short (not sure) sequel