05. Alexander, Bane

Start from the beginning

Alexander continues to twists the shirt covering Hector's chest until he yanks it forward, his wolf fully risen to the surface. Finally, to gain some form of sanity, he releases Hector with a jolt, rocking him in his chair.

Alexander refrains from shouting after seeing his mate toss and turn in the bed. Reeling his head around back to the beta who stands, Alexander still towers over him with clattering fists.

"All these years you've become so bitter brother, allowing the thought of a woman to become your savior, to rule the throne." Hector chooses his words wisely, Alexander stops himself from throwing another punch.

Instead, the alpha peeks over his shoulder at his mate, then continues with Hector by grabbing the scruff of his neck. Alexander begins to push his beta outside of the room.

"Bitter is the war between brothers."

Hector is at even conflicts, battling the intervals within his mind. He decides to retreat after glaring daggers back at his Alpha. Alexander slides down with his back against the door, with little to no light shining from the window onto his face. As badly as he wanted to look away or busy himself, he kept his eyes glued onto his other half who rested.

He wanted so badly to lay his lips upon hers,  while just any part of her soft skin under his mouth, was enough to satisfy him. To smoothen the beast for a century longer.

He truly desired a spill of his mate's blood into his mouth as he bit open her fleshy throat, to claim her. The prince fought against his many urges.

He didn't want to wake her up, stealing her from the sleep he hadn't gotten in years upon her absence. And maybe Hector was right, maybe all those years without another life adding onto his soul...turned him cold. Heartless even.

Slowly the prince crawled beside his female to cradle the beauty onto his lap, with his shirtless chest pressing against her arm.

Lost years that drifted away for the expectancy of his mate, only to find an unshifted, possibly human juvenile. She knew nothing of royalty, Vera knew nothing of leading a pack of wolves. To make matters more worse, she didn't have the wise of years to be queen.

For the duration of time in which Alexander lived, King-man-ship is what Alexander solely wanted. Now a mate would conflict his one true end goal.

What would his family think of this? An infant marked by the beast. An unholy prince fated with an unruly teenager. It was a science.

Interrupted from his thoughts, Alexander felt the small girl fidget in his arms, causing him to gently place her down back on top of his bed. Instantly he threw the silk satin sheets around her, returning to his position standing over her with his bulging eyes gazing.

Before her eyes would open, Alexander could sense their feline gauge, swirling with want and capability.

Gradually For the first time, it felt like a forest green lake meeting wine.

Vera finds herself locking irises with the prince, except only this time she hurriedly looks away. Anywhere but towards the prince, who gawked shamelessly.

"Look to me." The Alpha snarls in his most guttural voice.

Vera shuts her eyes as his growling was still ringing in her ears, becoming louder.

"You don't ever reject me, your eyes will always bore into mine. Your sight, your touch. The way you think and breathe, all belongs to me." Alexander moves quickly without thinking, and uses his free hand to snatch Vera up by her wrist.

Vera's eyes widen, taken aback by the swiftness. "What do you think you're doing?"

The hurt was visible in Vera's eyes meanwhile Alexander remained indifferent. She was taught by her previous teachers that mates weren't supposed to act this way.