chapter three!

monday was a rough day for genesis jones.

first of all, her alarm didn't go off. she was late for work. she didn't have enough time to eat breakfast, so now she was late and hungry.

it also seemed as if all the students tried extra hard to annoy the hell out of her today. at least, in gen's eyes.

due to her lateness, her coworker was somewhat mad at her. and due to the fact that her coworker was mad, she was late, and she was hungry...

it wasn't a good day.

by the end of the day, gen didn't know if she wanted to cry or punch her coworker in the face or maybe just hop out the window. as she trudged home, she figured a little reading couldn't do any wrong.

then as gen opened the book, she felt as if something was wrong. she couldn't exactly focus in an area where everything was completely silent. so she grabbed the book, slid in her pink bookmark, and started her way to the small but busy cafe.

gen remembered the waitress, the one who walked her home. she remembered the beauty of her, and her awkwardness when they first talked. the thought made her giggle, making her look somewhat crazy as she laughed to nothing on the side of the street.

once she entered the cafe, she saw no sign of sadie. she saw the same table open, the table perfect for one. gen ordered a medium hot chocolate, a bagel with strawberry cream cheese and sat down at said table.

after a few hours of reading at the cafe, gen decided to look up. it was strange, but she had a feeling that she needed to look up right then and there.

she caught the exact moment that sadie walked into the cafe. she didn't know what had happened, but she had the biggest grin on her face, one that reached her eyes. her whole face completely complimented the smile. her freckles, her eyes, her hair. the beauty of them all seemed to be enhanced.

gen supposed that if anyone asked her about her theory of everyone looks a little more beautiful with a smile on their face, she would show them a picture of sadie. the girl was beautiful, no doubt. the thought crossed gen's mind, that maybe if she wasn't straight then she would have a massive crush on the girl.

gen looked back down to her book, a light blush covering her face. she tried to refocus, but she couldn't turn the page, the words not sticking in her mind. she was reading the words, but she was really only thinking of one thing.

that goddamn smile.

once again, night started to fall, and gen told herself that she would only read a few more pages.

-

it was a good day for sadie sink.

her body allowed itself to sleep in, which she thanked herself for profusely. then she realized she had cereal in the cupboard, which meant she could actually eat breakfast for once.

then, she had enough time to stroll to work. she didn't have to run like she did a few time, nor speed walk. she was able to just take it slow.

throughout the day, sadie had one thing on her mind repeatedly.

you guessed it! miss genesis jones!